Nathalie Brewer, M.D., specializes in pediatric general and thoracic surgery. She is an assistant professor of Surgery at UT Southwestern.
A native of Germany, Dr. Brewer attended medical school at Heinrich Heine University Duesseldorf in Germany. After completing her internship and surgical residency at the University Hospital of Duesseldorf and the Hauner Children’s Hospital, she moved to the United States. Soon after arriving, she completed her pediatric surgery fellowship and pediatric urology fellowship at the Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center.
Dr. Brewer is passionate about her community of patients and their primary care physicians. Her goal is to make surgical care as accessible and stress-free as possible, as it can be frightening for families when they learn that their child may need surgery.
She worked and lived in Maine, experiencing a few winters so cold she wanted to retire her snow shovel and move to a warmer climate. When she is not working, Dr. Brewer loves to spend time with her family and enjoys traveling.
Education and Training
- Medical School
- Heinrich-Heine Universitat Dusseldorf (2007)
- Dr. von Haunersches Kinderspital (2012), Pediatric Surgery
Heinrich-Heine Universitat Duesseldorf (2009), General Surgery
- Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center (2016), Pediatric Urology
Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center (2014), Pediatric Surgery
- Branchial Cleft Cysts
- Chest Tumors
- Collapsed Lung (Pneumothorax)
- Cystic Hygroma
- Gallstones and Gallbladder Disease
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease GER GERD
- Hirschsprung's Disease
- Inguinal Hernia (Groin)
- Intestinal Malrotation and Volvulus
- Kidney Tumors
- Lung Cysts
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Neck Cysts and Lymph Nodes
- Neck Tumors
- Ovarian Cysts
- Pilonidal Disease
- Pyloric Stenosis
- Thymus Tumors
- Thyroglossal Duct Cyst
- Wilms Tumor (Nephroblastoma)