Adam Alder, M.D., is a surgeon at Children’s Health℠ with interests in pediatric and neonatal surgery. He is Director of the Center for Pectus and Chest Wall Anomalies and Chief of Pediatric Surgery for Children's Health Plano campus.
Dr. Alder graduated from Tulane University School of Medicine in New Orleans in 2002. He trained in general surgery at UT Southwestern and Parkland Memorial Hospital. After a year with a private-practice acute surgery and trauma group, he began and then completed a fellowship in pediatric surgery at Children's Medical Center and UT Southwestern.
Dr. Alder has been active in research and has completed the Clinical and Translational Science Award's Clinical Scholars Program, funded by the National Institutes of Health.
Education and Training
- Medical School
- Tulane University School of Medicine (2002)
- UT Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas (2009), General Surgery
- UT Southwestern - Children's Medical Center (2012), Pediatric Surgery
- Graduate School
- University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center (2012)
- Board Certification
- American Board of Surgery/Pediatric Surgery
Departments and Programs
- Center for Advanced Research in Surgery
- Clinical Trials and Patient Oriented Research
- National Surgical Quality Improvement Program - Ped
- Pediatric Endocrine and Thyroid Conditions
- Pediatric Solid Tumors
- Robotic Surgery
- Multi-institutional experience with penetrating pancreatic injuries in children., Alemayehu H, Tsao K, Wulkan ML, Islam S, Russell RT, Ponsky TA, Cullinane DC, Alder A, St Peter SD, Iqbal CW Pediatr. Surg. Int. 2014 Nov 30 11 1107-10
- Blunt cerebrovascular injury in children: Underreported or under recognized?: A multicenter ATOMAC study., Azarakhsh N, Grimes S, Notrica DM, Raines A, Garcia NM, Tuggle DW, Maxson RT, Alder AC, Recicar J, Garcia-Filion P, Greenwell C, Lawson KA, Wan JY, Eubanks JW J Trauma Acute Care Surg 2013 Dec 75 6 1006-12
- Improving perioperative performance: the use of operations management and the electronic health record., Foglia RP, Alder AC, Ruiz G J. Pediatr. Surg. 2013 Jan 48 1 95-8
- A comparison of traditional incision and drainage versus catheter drainage of soft tissue abscesses in children., Alder AC, Thornton J, McHard K, Buckins L, Barber R, Skinner MA J. Pediatr. Surg. 2011 Oct 46 10 1942-7
- Colonoscopy: an unusual complication., Alder AC, Scott DL, Browning JD Gastroenterology 2010 Feb 138 2 434, 794
- American Academy of Pediatrics - Surgical Section (2014)
- Association of Academic Surgery (2013)
- American Pediatric Surgery Society (2012)
- International Pediatric Endosurgery Group (2012)
- Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons (2012)
- Texas Medical Association (2012)
- American College of Surgeons (2009)
This provider may offer virtual appointments. Please review our Virtual Visit Specialty Clinics page for instructions on setting up a visit.