Music Therapy Practicum
The music therapy program at Children’s Health℠ is committed to providing quality education and training to prepare students for a career as a music therapy professional. Children’s Health offers practicum opportunities that allow students to work closely with board certified music therapists in both the medical and psychiatric settings.
The focus of our practicum program is to provide you with opportunities to do the following:
- Observe board certified music therapists
- Begin to relate music therapy concepts to the medical setting
- Build independent professional skills to prepare for a music therapy internship or career
During the academic semester, you will gain clinical experience in a medical setting. Observation hours are typically arranged to coordinate with your university requirement, but generally range from 2 to 4 hours per week. Practicum opportunities are offered Tuesdays through Thursday.
How to Apply
Take the following steps to apply for the Child Life Practicum:
- Complete the Practicum Application, specifying medical or pediatric psychiatry as your preferred practicum setting.
- Prepare a 250- to 400-word essay explaining how you learned about the field of music therapy and what interests you most about the profession.
- Submit the application with attached documents by the appropriate deadline indicated below via email to email@example.com and place your first and last names in the subject line.
For practicum starting in January, May and September the application deadline is below
For practicum starting in Application Deadline January October 1 May March 1 September April 1