Veronica Bordes Edgar, Ph.D., ABPP, is a pediatric clinical neuropsychologist in the Developmental Behavioral Pediatrics Clinic at Children's Health℠ who specializes in caring for children with neurodevelopmental disorders. She is an Associate Professor at UT Southwestern Medical Center.
Dr. Edgar earned her master’s and doctorate degrees at Arizona State University and completed her internship in pediatric psychology at Harvard Medical School/Children’s Hospital Boston. She completed a fellowship in pediatric neuropsychology at the University of Minnesota Medical School/Children's Hospital.
Dr. Edgar serves as Division Co-Director of Developmental Behavioral Pediatrics at Children's Health and at the University of Texas at Southwestern Medical Center, where she is also an Associate Professor. She is board certified in clinical neuropsychology by the American Board of Professional Psychology.
Her clinical and research interests include caring for children with neurodevelopmental disorders and complex medical conditions. She has presented lectures to medical professionals across the country on developmental and neuropsychology topics such as cerebellar ataxia, anxiety and attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder. She has also given presentations on cultural competence and achieving board certification.
Dr. Edgar is bilingual/bicultural and has received specialized training in assessment and therapy in Spanish.
Education and Training
- Boston Children's Hospital (2008), Psychology
- University of Minnesota at Minneapolis (2010), Pediatric Neuropsychology
- Graduate School
- Arizona State University - Phoenix Campus (2008)
- Board Certification
- American Board of Professional Psychology
Departments and Programs
- Bilingual (Spanish-English) and Cultural Issues in Neuropsychology
- Central Nervous System Disorders
- Genetic Disorders
- Neurodevelopmental Disabilities in Young Children
- Pediatric Neuropsychology
- Who gets certified by the American Board of Professional Psychology and why: A diversity survey. Frost JC, Molinari V, Dobbs D, Edgar VB, Jones KS, Pietz C, Badana ANS, Journal of clinical psychology 2019 Jun
- Examining the impact of physical activity on sleep quality and executive functions in children with autism spectrum disorder: A randomized controlled trial. Tse CYA, Lee HP, Chan KSK, Edgar VB, Wilkinson-Smith A, Lai WHE, Autism : the international journal of research and practice 2019 Jan 1362361318823910
- Competence in Psychology Board Certification: Unlike a Good Wine, It Does Not Get Better With Age. Edgar VB, Holder N, Cox DR, Suris A American Psychological Association 2019
- Society for Developmental & Behavioral Pediatrics (2016)
- American Board of Professional Psychology (2014)
- American Academy of Clinical Neuropsychology (2012)
- National Academy of Neuropsychology (2012)
- American Psychological Association (2009)
- Hispanic Neuropsychological Society (2007)
- International Neuropsychological Society (2007)
- Society for Clinical Neuropsychology (2007), APA Div 40
Awards and Honors
- Student Scholarship 2008, National Latina/o Psychological Association
- Distinguished Doctoral Candidate Award 2007, Arizona State University Faculty Women's Association
- Excellence in Campus Leadership Award 2005, American Psychological Association of Graduate Students
- Presidential Citation for Professional Leadership and Service 2004, National Latina/o Psychological Association
- Fellow 2003, Ford Foundation - The National Academies
This provider may offer virtual appointments. Please review our Virtual Visit Specialty Clinics page for instructions on setting up a visit.