Michelle Ngozichukwu Machie, MD $$
Assistant Professor at UT Southwestern Medical Center
- Languages Spoken:
Michelle Machie, M.D., is board certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology in child neurology. She is an assistant professor at UT Southwestern Medical Center and specializes in hypoxic ischemic encephalopathy, perinatal brain injury, congenital malformations.
Dr. Machie earned her medical degree at UT Southwestern Medical School. She completed her residence at UT Southwestern/Children's Medical Center.
She joined Children’s Health in 2020.
Dr. Machie is a member of several professional societies, including the American Academy of Neurology, the Child Neurology Society, the Society for Pediatric Research, and the Newborn Brain Society.
She has earned multiple awards including Kennedy Krieger Minority Research Scholars Program/Child Neurologist Career Development Program and Travel Grant Award in 2020.
Education and Training
- Medical School
- University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center (2013)
- UT Southwestern - Children's Medical Center (2018), Child Neurology
UT Southwestern - Children's Medical Center (2015), Pediatrics
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2019), Neonatal Neurology
- Board Certification
- American Board of Psy&Neurology/Child Neurology
Departments and Programs
- Early childhood neurodevelopmental follow-up
- Neonatal neuroimaging
- Neonatal neurology, including hypoxic ischemic encephalopathy, perinatal brain injury, and congenital malformations
- MRI Score Ability to Detect Abnormalities in Mild Hypoxic-Ischemic Encephalopathy. Machie M, Weeke L, de Vries LS, Rollins N, Brown L, Chalak L, Pediatric neurology 2020 Nov 116 32-38
- Predictors of Neurodevelopmental Impairment After Neonatal Bacterial Meningitis. Haffner DN, Machie M, Hone E, Said RR, Maitre NL, Journal of child neurology 2021 Jul 8830738211026053
- Seizure Severity and Treatment Response in Newborn Infants with Seizures Attributed to Intracranial Hemorrhage. Herzberg EM, Machie M, Glass HC, Shellhaas RA, Wusthoff CJ, Chang T, Abend NS, Chu CJ, Cilio MR, Bonifacio SL, Massey SL, McCulloch CE, Soul JS, The Journal of pediatrics 2021 Nov
- Parent mental health and neurodevelopmental outcomes of children hospitalized in the neonatal intensive care unit. Erdei C, Liu CH, Machie M, Church PT, Heyne R, Early human development 2020 Nov 105278
- American Academy of Neurology
- Child Neurology Society
- Newborn Brain Society
- Society for Pediatric Research
Awards and Honors
- Kennedy Krieger Minority Research Scholars Program/Child Neurologist Career Development Program and Travel Grant Award 2020, Child Neurology Society Meeting, Virtual Conference
- Scott and White Annual Neonatal Conference and Travel Grant Award 2019, Baylor Scott and White Annual Neonatal Conference, Temple, TX
- Pediatric Epilepsy Research Foundation Excellence in Research and Scholarly Activity Award 2018, Division of Child Neurology, UT Southwestern
- Pediatric Neurology Resident Excellence in Care Award 2018, Neurosciences Nursing Staff, Children’s Health, Children’s Medical Center, Dallas, TX
- Pellock Resident Seminar on Epilepsy and Travel Grant 2017, Child Neurology Society Meeting, Chicago, IL
- Co-Administrative Chief Resident 2017-2018, Division of Child Neurology, UT Southwestern
- President: Student National Medical Association 2011-2012, UT Southwestern