Kenneth Chen, MD $$
Assistant Instructor at UT Southwestern Medical Center
- Languages Spoken:
Germ Cell Tumors
Departments and Programs
- Genetic drivers of childhood cancers
- p53 Genes Act to Restrain Mobile Elements. Wylie A, Jones AE, D’Brot A, Lu W-J, Kurtz Pm, Moran JVm, Rakheja D, Chen KS, Amatruda JF and Abrams JM. Genes Dev. 2016 Jan 1;30(1):64-77. doi: 10.1101/gad.266098.115.
- Somatic mutations in DROSHA and DICER1 impair microRNA biogenesis through distinct mechanisms in Wilms tumors. Rakheja D*, Chen KS*, Liu Y*, Shukla AA, Hildebrand S, Schmid V, Sun X, Feng X, Chang TC, Karandikar NJ, Malter JS, Mendell JT, Amatruda JF. Nat Commun. 2014 Sep 5;2:4802. doi: 10.1038/ncomms5802.
- A big catch for germ cell tumour research. Chen KS, Amatruda JF. Perspective. PLoS Genet. 2013 Apr; 9(4): e1003481.
- DNA methylation analysis reveals distinct methylation signatures in pediatric germ cell tumors. Amatruda JF, Ross JA, Chrstensen B, Fustino NJ, Chen KS, Hooten AJ, Nelson H, Kuriger JK, Rakheja D, Frazier AL, Poynter JN. BMC Cancer. 2013; 13: 313. doi:10.1186/1471-2407-13-313
- Hearing loss and vestibular dysfunction among children with cancer after receiving aminoglycosides. Chen KS, Bach A, Shoup A, Winick NJ. Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2013. doi:10.1002/pbc.24631
- A large T cell invagination with CD2 enrichment resets receptor engagement in the immunological synapse. Singleton K, Parvaze N, Dama KR, Chen KS, Jennings P, Burtic B, Sjaastad MD, Gilpin C, Davis MM, Wulfing C. J Immunol. 2006 Oct 1;177(7): 4402-13.
- Human natural killer cells: a unique innate immunoregulatory role for the CD56(bright) subset. Cooper MA, Fehniger TA, Turner SC, Chen KS, Ghaheri BA, Ghayur T, Carson WE, Caligiuri MA. Blood. 2001 May 15; 97(10): 3146-51.
Awards and Honors
- W.W. Caruth Scholar (2013) - Children’s Medical Center Foundation
- Damon Runyon-Sohn Pediatric Cancer Fellow (2013) - Damon Runyon Cancer Research Foundation
- Best oral presentation (2013) - Senior Fellows Research Day, UTSW Dept. of Pediatrics
- Selected to attend Molecular Biology in Clinical Oncology workshop (2012) - American Association for Cancer Research
- First Place, Critical Appraisal of Literature (2008) - Resident Section Poster Contest, Texas Pediatric Society
- Tau Beta Pi (2002) - Johns Hopkins University
2 - UTSW Specialist
UTSW Physician Practicing at Children's Health
American Board of Pediatrics/Hematology-Oncology