$$ Bradley Alan Barth, MD Interim Division Director at Children's Health Professor of Pediatrics at UT Southwestern Medical Center
UTSW Physician Practicing at Children's Health
Bradley Barth, M.D., is the interim division director of pediatric gastroenterology at Children's Health℠ and a professor of pediatrics at UT Southwestern Medical Center.
After receiving his medical degree from the UT School of Medicine in San Antonio, Dr. Barth completed his internship and residency at the Floating Hospital for Children and Tufts University. He completed his fellowship in pediatric gastroenterology, hepatology and nutrition at Children’s Hospital Boston and Harvard University.
Dr. Barth’s clinical and research interests include therapeutic endoscopy, endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP), endoscopic treatment of gastrointestinal bleeding, complex esophageal structures as well as recurrent and chronic pancreatitis.
Dr. Barth is a former president of the medical and dental staff at Children’s Health and a fellow of the American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy.
He has been named a Best Pediatric Specialist in Dallas every year since 2010 and has won the North American Society for Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition Endoscopy Prize multiple times.
Education and Training
Medical SchoolUniversity of Texas HSC at San Antonio (1998)
InternshipNew England Medical Center (1999), Pediatrics
ResidencyNew England Medical Center (2001), Pediatrics
FellowshipBoston Children's Hospital (2004), Pediatric GI/Nutrition
Conditions & Treatments
Research & Publications
- Acute, Chronic and Recurrent Pancreatitis in Children
- Therapeutic Endoscopy in Children
- Therapeutic Interventions for Complex Childhood Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Disorders
- Enteroscopy in children, Barth BA Curr. Opin. Pediatr. 2011 Oct 23 5 530-4
- Capsule Endoscopy and Small Bowel Enteroscopy, Barth BA Pediatric Gastrointestinal and Liver Disease, Fourth Edition. 2011 679-685
- Anatomy, Histology, Embryology and Developmental Anomalies of the Pancreas, Barth BA, Burdick S Gastrointestinal and Liver Disease, Eighth Edition 2010 909-919
- Single Balloon Enteroscopy in Pediatric Patients: Initial Experience at a Pediatric Center, Barth BA, Channabasappa N Journal of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition 2010 51 680-684
- Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastrostomy in Infants and Children, Frohlich T, Richter M, Carbon R, Barth BA, Kohler H Aliment Pharmacol Ther 2010 31 788-801
- NASPGHAN Guideline for Training in Endoscopy and Related Procedures, Kay M, Piccoli DA, Barth B, et al. Journal of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition In Press
- Sphincter of Oddi manometry., Pfau PR, Banerjee S, Barth BA, Desilets DJ, Kaul V, Kethu SR, Pedrosa MC, Pleskow DK, Tokar J, Varadarajulu S, Wang A, Song LM, Rodriguez SA Gastrointest. Endosc. 2011 Dec 74 6 1175-80
- Drug-eluting/biodegradable stents., Tokar JL, Banerjee S, Barth BA, Desilets DJ, Kaul V, Kethi SR, Pedrosa MC, Pfau PR, Pleskow DK, Varadarajulu S, Wang A, Song LM, Rodriguez SA Gastrointest. Endosc. 2011 Nov 74 5 954-8
- Enteral stents., Varadarajulu S, Banerjee S, Barth B, Desilets D, Kaul V, Kethu S, Pedrosa M, Pfau P, Tokar J, Wang A, Wong Kee Song LM, Rodriguez S Gastrointestinal endoscopy 2011 Jul 455-64
- GI endoscopes., Varadarajulu S, Banerjee S, Barth BA, Desilets DJ, Kaul V, Kethu SR, Pedrosa MC, Pfau PR, Tokar JL, Wang A, Wong Kee Song LM, Rodriguez SA Gastrointest. Endosc. 2011 Jul 74 1 1-6.e6
- Efficacy of Endoscopic Ultrasound-Guided Drainage of Pancreatic Pseudocysts in a Pediatric Population, Jazrawi SF, Barth BA, Sreenarasimhaiah J Digestive Disease and Science 2010 Epub Ahead of Print
- Endoscopic placement of the capsule endoscope in children., Barth BA, Donovan K, Fox VL Gastrointest. Endosc. 2004 Nov 60 5 818-21
- Wireless capsule endoscopy for gastrointestinal bleeding due to intestinal vascular anomalies, Barth BA,, Fishman SJ., Fox VL., Journal of Pediatric Gastroenterology Nutrition 2003 37 (3) 331-32
Professional Associations and Affiliations
- American Gastroenterology Association
- American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- North American Society of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition
Awards & Honors
- Best Doctors in America (2011)
- Best Pediatric Specialists in Dallas (2010-2012, 2017)
- NASPGHAN Endoscopy Prize (2006)