Arhanti Sadanand, MD $$
Assistant Professor at UT Southwestern Medical Center
- Languages Spoken:
Arhanti Sadanand, M.D., is a board-certified pediatric hematologist and oncologist at Children's Health℠ who has a specialized clinical interest in treating children diagnosed with solid tumors and neuroblastomas. She is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Pediatrics at UT Southwestern.
She earned her medical degree from Virginia Commonwealth University Medical School in Richmond, VA. Dr. Sadanand completed her residency in pediatrics at Washington University in Saint Louis and St. Louis Children’s Hospital. She completed her fellowship in pediatric hematology/oncology at Emory University School of Medicine in Atlanta, GA.
Dr. Sadanand is a member of the Children’s Oncology Group, the American Academy of Pediatrics and the American Society of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology. She’s received many awards, including Best of Winship for her Poster Session at the Winship Cancer Institute of Emory University. She is an award recipient for the Patient Safety and Quality Improvement Showcase and the James P. Keating Outstanding Resident Award at Saint Louis Children’s Hospital. She was also a member of the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society.
Dr. Sadanand serves on the Advocacy Committee of The American Society of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology. During her fellowship, Dr. Sadanand focused her research on protein tyrosine kinase 7 (PTK7), a protein found on the cell surface of neuroblastoma.
In her free time, Dr. Sadanand enjoys spending time with her husband and dogs, exercising, reading, and trying local restaurants.
Education and Training
- Medical School
- Virginia Commonwealth University Medical School (2016)
- Washington University Consortium Program (2019), Pediatrics
- Emory University School of Medicine (2022), Pediatric Hematology/Oncology
Departments and Programs
- Improving survival from neuroblastoma
- Practice patterns and incidence of adenovirus infection in allogeneic hematopoietic cell transplant recipients: Multicenter survey of transplant centers in the United States. Papanicolaou GA, Dvorak CC, Dadwal S, Maron G, Prasad VK, Giller R, Abdel-Azim H, Sadanand A, Casciano R, Chandak A, Huang S, Nichols G, Brundage T, Vainorius E, Mozaffari E, Hutcheson R, Transplant infectious disease : an official journal of the Transplantation Society 2020 Aug 22 4 e13283
- Teaching scripts via smartphone app facilitate resident-led teaching of medical students. Zessis NR, Dube AR, Sadanand A, Cole JJ, Hrach CM, Daud YN, BMC medical education 2021 Jun 21 1 331
- Non-Neural (S-100 Negative) Bronchial Granular Cell Tumor Causing Acute Respiratory Failure. Chen SY, Sadanand A, Dillon PA, He M, Dehner LP, Leonard DS, Fetal and pediatric pathology 2020 Feb 39 1 85-89
- Burkitt Lymphoma Presenting as a Paraneoplastic Demyelinating Disorder in a Child. Arhanti Sadanand, Juhi Jain , Kathryn Elkins , Daniel John Bergsagel Journal of Pediatric Neurology 2022 2 113-114
- Progression-Free Survival and Patterns of Response in Patients With Relapsed High-Risk Neuroblastoma Treated With Irinotecan/Temozolomide/Dinutuximab/Granulocyte-Macrophage Colony-Stimulating Factor. Lerman BJ, Li Y, Carlowicz C, Granger M, Cash T, Sadanand A, Somers K, Ranavaya A, Weiss BD, Choe M, Foster JH, Pinto N, Morgenstern DA, Rafael MS, Streby KA, Zeno RN, Mody R, Yazdani S, Desai AV, Macy ME, Shusterman S, Federico SM, Bagatell R, Journal of clinical oncology : official journal of the American Society of Clinical Oncology 2022 Oct JCO2201273
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- American Society of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology
Awards and Honors
- Best of Winship at Virtual Poster Session 2021, Winship Cancer Institute of Emory University
- Resident Patient Safety and Quality Improvement Showcase Award 2018, Saint Louis Children’s Hospital
- James P. Keating Outstanding Resident Award 2017, Saint Louis Children’s Hospital
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society, Brown-Séquard Chapter 2015, Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine