Enter an entirely new world of pediatric emergency care. The Emergency Room (ER) at Children’s Medical Center Dallas, the flagship hospital at Children’s Health℠, is undergoing a complete overhaul. We’re reimagining a better ER experience for everyone – parents, patients and team members alike.
Construction at our ER will occur in three phases over the next several years. During this time, the ER will remain fully operational with a continued focus on patient care and safety. This is an exciting time for all of us, and we want to thank you for your patience as we transform and improve your experience at Children’s Health.
Phase 1 | Summer 2019
- Brand-new ER entrance with convenient circle drive on Medical District Drive
- Completely redesigned family waiting room with kid friendly look and feel
- Additional patient exam and treatment rooms with increased privacy
Phase 2 | Summer 2020
- Added patient rooms designed with patient safety and privacy features
- State-of-the-art technology to handle any complex care case
Phase 3 | Summer 2021
- Upgraded ER interior with enhanced overall design and appearance
- New specialty exam rooms
- Improved technology and patient amenities
Changes that make a difference
Based on research and family-centered focus groups, we’ve developed a comprehensive construction plan. One in which simplifying the patient journey, implementing updated technology and establishing a more efficient workflow is just the beginning.
Transformation you’ll see across our ER
- Improved waiting areas and front entrance
- Upgraded exam and triage rooms
- Streamlined patient access and flow
- Enhanced trauma rooms
- Additional amenities for patient families including ER valet
A new ER inspired by our patients
We listened to your ideas on how to improve our ER, and we’ll be implementing a number of them including transforming patient rooms and waiting areas into some of your favorite places. From the inviting underworld of the ocean to the adventurous setting of the jungle to the brave new heights of the mountains, it will be a new landscape of care.
Only pediatric Level I Trauma Center in North Texas
To be defined a Level I Trauma Center, a facility must offer a full range of care 24/7, 365 days a year. As part of the Level I Trauma Center at Children’s Medical Center Dallas, our ER provides a multi-disciplinary team specially trained in pediatrics to manage any severe or life-threating injury that your child may face – anytime.
And the new ER advances will only further our capabilities by making us a more technologically sophisticated emergency care facility with expanded complex care rooms.