Urszula Kelly, M.D., is the director of Psychiatric Services at Children’s Health℠ in Plano and specializes in treatment of eating disorders. She is also a professor of psychiatry at UT Southwestern Medical Center.
After receiving her medical degree from Jagiellonian University in Poland, Dr. Kelley completed her residency in psychiatry at UT Southwestern. It was during her child and adolescent psychiatry fellowship at Children’s Medical Center that Dr. Kelley decided to specialize in eating disorder treatment.
“I always felt that working with kids was truly my calling, and that helping them overcome their obstacles early on would allow them to have happy and fulfilling lives,” she says.
Dr. Kelley works at Children’s Health℠ Specialty Center Plano Campus where she and the multidisciplinary team are dedicated to developing a partnership with patients’ families. “Our focus is on helping parents understand their child’s eating disorder and on helping them develop skills that will enable them to support their child’s recovery after treatment,” she says.
Dr. Kelley and her team are committed to providing excellent care to patients and families, and she takes great pride in the effectiveness of treatment provided at Children’s Health. “It is my great joy to get notes from former patients and parents letting us know that they are doing well, and they are able to carry the benefits of our work into their future.”
When she’s not seeing patients, Dr. Kelley spends her time developing the child and adolescent psychiatric programs at Children’s Health. She’s also an active member of the American Academy for Eating Disorders as well as the American Academy for Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. She is a Certified Eating Disorders Specialist Supervisor for other professionals.
Dr. Kelley has been named a Texas Super Doctor by Texas Monthly every year since 2008.
In her free time, Dr. Kelley loves to read and spend time with her husband, son and pets.
Education and Training
- Medical School
- Jagiellonian University Medical College (1990)
- UT Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas (1993), Psychiatry, General
- UT Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas (1996), Psychiatry, General
- Children's Medical Center Dallas (1998), Child/Adolescent Psychiatry
- Board Certification
- American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology/Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
- Anorexia Nervosa
- Bulimia Nervosa
- Eating Disorders and Boys
- Eating Disorders in Younger Children
Avoidant/Restrictive Food Intake Disorder (ARFID)
Departments and Programs
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Eating disorders
- Academy for Eating Disorders
- American Medical Association
- American Psychiatric Association
- American Psychoanalytic Association, Affiliate
- Texas Society of Psychiatric Physicians
Awards and Honors
- Chief Resident Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Fellowship (1998)
- Chief Resident Adult Psychiatry Residency Training Program (1996)