Seckin Ulualp, M.D., is a board-certified pediatric otolaryngologist with Children’s Health℠ and serves as an assistant professor of otolaryngology at UT Southwestern Medical Center.
After receiving his medical degree from Istanbul University Cerrahpasa Faculty of Medicine, Dr. Ulualp completed his residency in otolaryngology at Haydarpasa Numune Training and Research Hospital, and his pediatric otolaryngology fellowship at the Women and Children’s Hospital of Buffalo through the State University of New York at Buffalo.
Dr. Ulualp uses a multidisciplinary team approach in his practice by performing an assessment of the patient’s problem through careful listening and explaining the diagnosis and management in simple terms to achieve mutual understanding.
His clinical interests include: obstructive sleep apnea, persistent obstructive sleep apnea after tonsillectomy, development of drug induced sleep endoscopy and outcomes analysis for pediatric otolaryngologic disorders.
Dr. Ulualp is an author and co-author of more than 90 peer-reviewed and invited manuscripts, abstracts and presentations.
Seckin Ulualp, M.D., is an otolaryngologist at Children's Health℠ and an assistant professor of otolaryngology at UT Southwestern Medical Center.
Dr. Ulualp graduated from Istanbul University Cerrahpasa Medical School, completed his Otorhinolaryngology residency training at the Haydarpasa Numune Training and Research Hospital in Istanbul, and has conducted research at the Dysphagia Institute of Medical College of Wisconsin.
Dr. Ulualp's clinical interests include obstructive sleep apnea, pediatric ear infections, tonsillar hypertrophy and tonsillitis. His research interests include the application of lasers in pediatric otolaryngology; gastroesophageal-reflux-associated pediatric otolaryngologic disorder; pediatric airway, swallowing and voice disorders; and pediatric obstructive sleep apnea.
Education and Training
- Medical School
- University of Istanbul (1992)
- Haydarpasa Numune & Egitm & Arastirma Hastanesi (1996), Otolaryngology
- State University of New York at Buffalo (2005), Pediatric Otolaryngology
- Board Certification
- American Board of Otolaryngology
Departments and Programs
- Pediatric obstructive sleep apnea
- Pediatric airway, swallowing, and voice Disorders
- Outcomes analysis for pediatric otolaryngologic disorders
- Gastroesophageal reflux associated pediatric otolaryngologic disorder
- Application of lasers in pediatric otolaryngology
- Bilateral atresia of submandibular duct orifices - Ulualp S, Rodriguez S, Hernandez J, Hay M. American Journal of Otolaryngology March 2007 28 184-186
- Pharyngeal pH monitoring in infants with laryngitis - Ulualp SO, Rodriguez S, Shen J, Cunningham S, Holmes-Wright C. 2007 2007 137 776-779
- American Academy of Sleep Medicine
- American Adacemy of Otolaryngology -Head and Neck Surgery
- Dysphagia Research Society
- Society for Ear, Nose, and Throat Advances in Children
Awards and Honors
- D Magazine's Best Doctors list (2018)
- Resident Travel Grant (Mentor) 2007, American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery
- Poster Competition Second Place 2004, American Laryngological, Rhinological, and Otological Society
- Poster of Distinction 1998, American Gastroenterological Association