Loren Matthew Glasser, MD $$
- Languages Spoken:
Loren M. Glasser, M.D., is a pediatrician at Children’s Health℠. Dr. Glasser earned his medical degree from Baylor College of Medicine in Houston. He completed his residency at Phoenix Children’s Hospital, and finished a postdoctoral fellowship in pediatric pulmonology at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston.
His area of specialty is pediatric pulmonology, with clinical interests in asthma, chronic lung disease and pediatric sleep disorders.
Dr. Glasser is a member of the American Thoracic Society, American Sleep Disorders Association and American Academy of Pediatrics.
I went into medicine because I wanted to do some good in the world.
“I went into medicine because I wanted to do some good in the world,” he says. “I enjoy the camaraderie and fellowship of being a part of a health care team in a hospital or clinic setting.”
To make his young patients feel at ease, Dr. Glasser typically starts a conversation with them. He says, “I’ll ask them about their super hero T-shirt or their shoes, it’s a great way to get them interacting directly with you.”
Dr. Glasser spends his leisure time with his partner Jill, reading, cooking, traveling, and being walked by two large dogs.
Education and Training
- Medical School
- Baylor College of Medicine (1980)
- Phoenix Hospitals Affiliated Pediatric Program (1983), Pediatrics
- Baylor College of Medicine (1985), Pediatric Pulmonary Diseases
- Acute Lung Injury
- Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome - ARDS
- Airway Disorders
- Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia
- Chronic Lung Disease (CLD)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Congenital Lung Disorders
- Cystic Fibrosis (CF)
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA)
- Primary Ciliary Dyskinesia (PCD)
- Sleep-Disordered Breathing (SDB)
- Fractional Exhaled Nitric Oxide (FeNO)
- Allergy Testing
- Customized Care Plans
- Asthma Management Program
Departments and Programs
- Chronic lung disease
- Pediatric sleep disorders
- American Thoracic Society
- American Sleep Disorders Association
- American Academy of Pediatrics