Laura Allison Stone, MD $$
Assistant Professor at UT Southwestern Medical Center
- Languages Spoken:
Laura Stone, M.D. is the Assistant Medical Director of the general inpatient psychiatry unit at Children’s Health. She is also an Assistant Professor of Psychiatry at UT Southwestern Medical Center and enjoys teaching medical students, residents, and fellows.
Dr. Stone was born and raised in the Dallas area and returned for fellowship in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry at UT Southwestern. She received her medical degree from UT Health in Houston and attended residency at Scott & White in Temple. She is board certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology for both psychiatry and child and adolescent psychiatry.
While in medical school, Dr. Stone became specifically interested in psychiatry after meeting a patient who was hospitalized following a suicide attempt. Her passion for working with youth and their families developed after she saw the great potential for healing after early mental health treatment. As an inpatient psychiatrist, she works with a multidisciplinary team to treat children and adolescents with acute psychiatric needs.
In her spare time, Dr. Stone enjoys hiking, listening to live music, and caring for domestic and wild rabbits.
Education and Training
- Medical School
- University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (2009)
- Scott and White Hospital/Texas A&M University GME (2012), Psychiatry, General
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2014), Child/Adolescent Psychiatry
- Board Certification
- American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology/Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
Departments and Programs
- Double trouble: Nonsuicidal self-injury and its relationship to suicidal ideation and number of past suicide attempts in clinical adolescents. Mbroh, H., Zullo, L., Westers, N., Stone, L., King, J., Kennard, B., Stewart, S. Journal of Affective Disorders, 238, 579–585
- American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- American Psychiatric Association
- Texas Society of Psychiatric Physicians, Child and Adolescent Committee
- North Texas Society of Psychiatric Physicians
- Texas Society of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry