Jeannie Kwon, M.D., is a pediatric radiologist at Children’s Health℠. She is also an associate professor of radiology at UT Southwestern and a member of the Pediatric Radiology Division.
Dr. Kwon earned her medical degree from the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School (RWJMS) and continued at RWJMS to complete her residency in diagnostic radiology. She received advanced training in pediatric radiology through a fellowship program at UT Southwestern.
In addition to her clinical duties, she trains residents and fellows in clinical pediatric radiology at Children’s Health. Dr. Kwon’s research currently focuses on the efficient and effective use of diagnostic imaging for the evaluation of children with abdominal pain.
Dr. Kwon is dual board-certified, having received the Subspecialty Certificate for Pediatric Radiology from the American Board of Radiology, and certification in Clinical Informatics through the American Board of Preventive Medicine. She serves on numerous committees within and outside of UT Southwestern. In the Radiology Department, she chairs the Radiology Residency Quality Education Committee, and she has served on several clinical pathway development teams within the Children’s Health System.
Dr. Kwon enjoys spending time with her husband and cheering on her three children at their youth athletic events.
Education and Training
- Medical School
- UMDNJ School of Health Related Professions (2000)
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital (2001), Internal Medicine
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital (2006), Radiology, General
- UT Southwestern - Children's Medical Center (2007), Pediatric Radiology
- Board Certification
- American Board of Radiology/Pediatric Radiology
Departments and Programs
- Pediatric radiology
- Radiological Society of North America
- Society for Pediatric Radiology
- Texas Radiological Society
- Alliance of Clinician Educators in Radiology
- American Association of Women Radiologists
- American College of Radiology
- Association of Program Directors in Radiology
- Association of University Radiologists
Awards and Honors
- First Place Team, Philips Vydareny Imaging Interpretation 2015, Association of University Radiologists
- Best Poster, Evidence Based Practice and Research Poster Fair 2014, Children's Medical Center
- Leadership Emerging in Academic Departments (LEAD) 2013, Program for Junior Faculty Physicians and Scientists