Dr. Alexandra Callan is a musculoskelatal oncologist. She specializes in patient with sarcomas, metastatic bone disease, complex joint replacements and other soft tissue and bone tumors of the body.
Dr. Callan enjoys live music snow and wake boarding as well as traveling.
Education and Training
- Medical School
- Baylor College of Medicine (2011)
- Vanderbilt University Medical Center (2016), Orthopaedic Surgery
- University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center (2017), Orthopaedic Oncology
- Board Certification
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Departments and Programs
- Clinical and Functional Outcomes in Orthopaedic Oncology
- Limb Salvage Techniques for Osteosarcoma and Ewing Sarcoma
- Metastatic Bone Disease
- Quality of Life in Musculoskeletal Oncology
- Deep Spine Infection After Acupuncture in the Setting of Spinal Instrumentation. Callan AK, Bauer JM, Martus JE Spine Deform 2016 Mar 4 2 156-161
- On-Call Communication in Orthopaedic Trauma: "A Picture Is Worth a Thousand Words"--A Survey of OTA Members. Molina CS, Callan AK, Burgos EJ, Mir HR J Orthop Trauma 2015 May 29 5 e194-7
- Musculoskeletal Tumor Society (2016)
- Ruth Jackson Orthopaedic Society (2016)
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (2011)
Awards and Honors
- Dedman Family Scholar in Clinical Care (2017-2021)
This provider may offer virtual appointments. Please review our Virtual Visit Specialty Clinics page for instructions on setting up a visit.