Skill validation for community partners
Children’s Health℠ values the community partners and want to validate the skills of your education staff in providing this complex care. Up to 2 educators/trainers/super users for each company will have the opportunity to demonstrate the skills associated with each activity (central line, tracheostomy, gastrostomy).
Children’s content experts will validate the user’s skills via simulation on a mannequin. The preferred method is to use a virtual network to watch the user perform the skill. The list of supplies required for each skill validation activity is available on the website. After the educator/trainer/super user is validated, they may in-turn validate others in their company. A Rubric/checklist is available on the website.
Skill Validation Process
- Complete all training material for the activity:
- Pediatric Central Venous Catheter Care
- Pediatric Tracheostomy Care
- Pediatric Gastrostomy Care
- Schedule an appointment for skill validation for each activity
- Prepare for session
- Gather supplies for the activity
- Use a camera to show your workspace during the virtual simulation
- Show your skill validation certificate to your employer
- Validate others in your company; a rubric/checklist is available on the website
Validation Appointment Schedule