Sravani Avula, MD $$
Assistant Professor at UT Southwestern Medical Center
- Languages Spoken:
Sravani Avula, M.D. is a pediatric cardiologist at Children's Health℠ and an Assistant Professor at UT Southwestern Medical Center. She is certified by the American Board of Pediatrics.
Dr. Avula earned her medical degree at American University of Antigua's Kasturba Medical College. She completed a residency in pediatrics at Michigan State University and gained advanced training through a fellowship in pediatric cardiology at Louisiana State University and Children’s Hospital of New Orleans. After her fellowship, she worked for a year in the cardiac intensive care unit at Seattle Children’s Hospital.
Dr. Avula’s clinical and research interests include inpatient pediatric cardiology and quality improvement for inpatient care. She is the author of research articles, case studies, and reviews and has presented her research findings widely. She is a member of the American College of Cardiology, the Pediatric Acute Care Cardiology Collaborative, and the American Society of Echocardiography.
In her free time, Dr. Avula enjoys hiking, biking, painting, and cooking.
Education and Training
- Medical School
- American University of Antigua (2012)
- Michigan State University (2016), Pediatrics
- Louisiana State University Health Science Center (2019), Pediatric Cardiology
- Board Certification
- American Board of Pediatrics/Pediatric Cardiology
Departments and Programs
- Pediatric cardiology
- Quality improvement for inpatient care
- Sudden cardiac arrest preparedness in Michigan: Partnering with Project ADAM to develop a HEARTSafe schools state model. Goble, M., Avula, S., Duquette, D., Gillary, R., Fosse, G., Swor, R. A., Cutler, N. Progress in Pediatric Cardiology 2017 45 43-48
- Cardiac response to enzyme replacement therapy in infantile Pompe disease with severe hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. Avula S, Nguyen TM, Marble M, Lilje C Journal of Echocardiography 2017 34 4 621-624
- American College of Cardiology
- Pediatric Acute Care Cardiology Collaborative (PAC3)
- American Society of Echocardiography
Awards and Honors
- Fellowship research grant award 2018, Pediatric Cardiology Program, Louisiana State University
- Humanitarian Award 2016, Pediatric Residency Program, Michigan State University
- 3rd Place, Best Resident Poster Presentation 2015, Mid-Michigan Regional Research Meeting
- Scholar of the Year 2015, Pediatric Residency Program, Michigan State University