Departments and Programs
- Chlamydia and Gonorrhea Prevalence and Treatment in Detained Youths: Strategies for Improvement.
- Colostrum kits increase early breast milk feeding in very low birth weight (VLBW) infants: a quality improvement project.
- Sudden Unexpected Infant Death (SUID) in Hawaii related to unsafe sleeping environments: a retrospective and prospective analysis.
- Preventing recidivism in Hawaii’s detained youth: improving social reintegration post-confinement with continuity of healthcare.
- Philadelphia chromosome B cell ALL exploits an altered autophagy pathway to promote Imatinib-resistance and tumor progression.
- Pia Francisco-Natanauan, Nohea Leatherman-Arkus, Robert Pantell. Chlamydia and Gonorrhea Prevalence and Treatment in Detained Youths: Strategies for Improvement. J Adol Health. 2020.
- Nichole Arnold, Nohea Arkus, Murray Korc, Jason Gunn. The histone deacetylase inhibitor suberoylanilide hydroxamic acid induces growth inhibition and enhances gemcitabine-induced cell death in pancreatic cancer. Clin Cancer Res. 2007; 13(1):18-26.
Awards and Honors
- First Place, Medical Student Division, Biomedical Sciences and Health Disparities Symposium, JABSOM, Honolulu, HI.
- `Imi Na`auao Scholarship
- Nadine Alexander Kahanamoku Scholarship
- Science Foundation Arizona (SFAz) Graduate Research Fellowship
- Na Ho`okama a Pauahi Scholarship
Where I Provide Care:
2 - UTSW Specialist
UTSW Physician Practicing at Children's Health
American Board of Pediatrics
Hospital Medicine Specialist