Naveed Ahmad, M.D., MPH, is a pediatric hospitalist at Children’s Health℠. He practices at Children’s Medical Center Plano and Dallas.
Dr. Ahmad received his medical degree from Hacettepe University School of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey in 1997 and his master’s in Public Health from the University of North Texas Health Science Center at Fort Worth in 2002. He continued with his training at the University of Mississippi Medical Center where he completed his pediatrics residency.
Dr. Ahmad is certified by the American Board of Pediatrics.
Education and Training
- Medical School
- Hacettepe Universitesi (1997)
- University of Mississippi Medical Center (2012), Pediatrics
- Graduate School
- Univ of North Texas Health Science Ctr- Ft. Worth (2002)
- Board Certification
- American Board of Pediatrics
Departments and Programs
- Stroke with intracranial stenosis is associated with increased platelet activation in sickle cell anemia., Majumdar S, Webb S, Norcross E, Mannam V, Ahmad N, Lirette S, Iyer R Pediatr Blood Cancer 2013 Mar
- Predictive value of interleukin-5 and monocyte chemotactic protein-1 for bacteremia in children with febrile neutropenia., Aquino VM, Cost C, Gomez A, Bowers DC, Ramilo O, Ahmad N, Winick N, Leavey PJ J. Pediatr. Hematol. Oncol. 2012 Aug 34 6 e241-5
- Children will eat the strangest things: a 10-year retrospective analysis of foreign body and caustic ingestions from a single academic center., Denney W, Ahmad N, Dillard B, Nowicki MJ Pediatr Emerg Care 2012 Aug 28 8 731-4
- Does weight reduction in haemophilia lead to a decrease in joint bleeds?, Majumdar S, Ahmad N, Karlson C, Morris A, Iyer R Haemophilia 2012 May 18 3 e82-4
Where I Provide Care:
4 - Non-appointment Doctors (Hospitalists, Anesthesiologists, ER, Contracted Physicians)
Physician Practicing at Children's Health
American Board of Pediatrics