Jillian B. Halper, M.D., M.P.H. is a pediatric hospital medicine specialist at Children’s Health℠. She is a dedicated physician with a strong focus on patient-centered care and research. With a background in pediatrics and public health, Dr. Halper brings a comprehensive approach to care, emphasizing the well-being and outcomes of her patients. She is responsible for managing hospitalized children’s medical treatment and care from admission to discharge.
Dr. Halper earned her medical degree and masters in public health in a combined four-year program from the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine in Miami, FL. She completed her pediatric residency at Indiana University Riley Hospital for Children in Indianapolis, IN and served an additional year as chief resident with a focus on patient safety. During residency, Dr. Halper was inducted into the prestigious Alpha Omega Alpha honor society.
As a researcher, Dr. Halper has presented her work at esteemed conferences such as the ADA Meeting and the Florida Chapter of the AAP Conference. Dr. Halper's leadership and service extend beyond her research endeavors. She has been involved in various committees and task forces, working on initiatives related to patient safety and improved communication between families and the medical team. Her commitment to global health is evident through her participation in international medical missions, focusing on adoption medicine in Beijing, China and child abuse education in Tel Aviv, Israel.
In her free time, Dr. Halper enjoys traveling, outdoor activities, and cooking in her free time. She especially likes spending quality time with her husband, family, friends, and her rescue pup.
Education and Training
- Medical School
- University of Miami School of Medicine (2016)
- Riley Hospital for Children (2019), Pediatrics
- Board Certification
- American Board of Pediatrics
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- American Medical Women’s Association
Awards and Honors
- University of Miami Dept of Public Health Springboard Grant Award
- University of Miami Dept of Public Health Global Health Scholars Award
- University Scholars Scholarship Recipient
- College of Agricultural and Life Sciences Honor’s Program
- College of Agricultural and Life Sciences Dean’s List
- University of Florida Honor’s Program
- Golden Key Honor Society
- Bright Futures Scholarship Recipient