Jesse Banales, M.D. is a neonatologist at Children's Health℠ and an Assistant Professor at UT Southwestern Medical Center. He specializes in neonatal and perinatal medicine.
Dr. Banales earned his medical degree at UT Southwestern Medical School. He completed a residency in pediatrics at Baylor College of Medicine/Children’s Hospital of San Antonio and received advanced training in neonatal and perinatal medicine through a fellowship at UT Southwestern.
Dr. Banales is board certified by the American Board of Pediatrics. He is a member of the American Academy of Pediatrics and the Gold Humanishm Honor Society.
Education and Training
- Medical School
- University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center (2015)
- Texas Childrens Hosp. / Baylor College of Medicine (2016), Pediatrics
- Texas Childrens Hosp. / Baylor College of Medicine (2018), Pediatrics
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2021), Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine
- Board Certification
- American Board of Pediatrics/Neonatal-Perinatal
- Medical Education
- Intravenous epoprostenol improves oxygenation index in patients with persistent pulmonary hypertension of the newborn refractory to nitric oxide. Ahmad KA, Banales J, Henderson CL, Ramos SE, Brandt KM, Powers GC, Journal of perinatology : official journal of the California Perinatal Association 2018 09 38 9 1212-1219
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- Gold Humanism Honor Society
Awards and Honors
- Educational Grants Program Recipient 2020, Southwestern Academy of Teachers (SWAT)
- Provider of the Month (July) 2020, Children’s Medical Center
- Gold Humanism Honor Society 2018
- Senior Resident of the Year 2018, Baylor College of Medicine Pediatric Residency Program – San Antonio
- Spirt of CHofSA Award for Outstanding Service 2017, Baylor College of Medicine Pediatric Residency Program – San Antonio
- New Century Scholar 2016, Academic Pediatric Association
- UT Southwestern Alumni Scholarship 2011, UT Southwestern Medical Center