Hauw Lie, M.D., is a pediatric pulmonologist at Children’s Health℠. He specializes in caring for children with lung conditions and helping them excel in sports, music and any pursuits they’re interested in.
He earned his medical degree at Texas Tech University School of Medicine. Dr. Lie completed his residency training in pediatrics at The University of Missouri – Columbia School of Medicine and his fellowship training in pulmonology at St. Louis Children’s Hospital.
Growing up with asthma myself, I have a personal passion for empowering children to thrive despite their lung disease. I am privileged to be a partner in your child’s care and will customize a treatment plan specific to your family’s needs.
“Growing up with asthma myself, I have a personal passion for empowering children to thrive despite their lung disease,” says Dr. Lie. “I am privileged to be a partner in your child’s care and will customize a treatment plan specific to your family’s needs.”
Dr. Lie has participated in research covering specialized topics such as primary ciliary dyskinesia (PCD), a genetic condition that affects the lungs’ ability to protect against germs and pollutants. Dr. Lie has also taught medical students and residents, helping the next generation of physicians provide quality care to children. He is also a requested lecturer on topics involving pediatric pulmonology.
Dr. Lie resides in Lewisville, TX, with his wife and daughter. He enjoys watching sports and is a lifelong Dallas Cowboys fan. He also likes to travel, discover new indie bands and watch movies.
Education and Training
- Medical School
- Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center at Lubbock (2001)
- University of Missouri School of Medicine GME (2002), Pediatrics
- University of Missouri School of Medicine GME (2004), Pediatrics
- St. Louis Childrens Hospital (2007), Pediatric Pulmonary Diseases
- Board Certification
- American Board of Pediatrics/Pulmonology
- Ferkol TW, Puffenberger EG, Lie H, Helms C, Strauss KA, Bowcock A, Carson JL, Hazucha M, Morton DH, Patel AC, Leigh MW, Knowles MR, Zariwala MA. Primary ciliary dyskinesia-causing mutations in Amish and Mennonite communities. J Pediatr 163: 383-7, 2013.
- Lie H, Zariwala MA, Helms C, Bowcock AM, Carson JL, Brown DE 3rd, Hazucha MJ, Forsen J, Molter D, Knowles MR, Leigh MW, Ferkol TW. Primary ciliary dyskinesia in Amish communities. J Pediatr 156: 1023-5, 2010.
- Lie H, Ferkol T. Primary ciliary dyskinesia: recent advances in pathogenesis, diagnosis and treatment. Drugs 67:1883-92, 2007.
- Ferkol T, Mitchison H, O’Callaghan C, Leigh M, Carson J, Lie H, Rosenbluth D, Brody SL: Current issues in the basic mechanisms, pathophysiology, diagnosis, and management of primary ciliary dyskinesia. European Respiratory Monograph 37:291–313, 2006.
- Lie H and Wright SE. Enhanced HIV-1 envelope-tumor protection by a recombinant vaccinia virus expressing anchored HIV-1 gp120 lacking gp41. Int J Mol Med 3: 397-400, 1999.
- American Thoracic Society
Awards and Honors
- MD Anderson Foundation Endowed Scholarship, Southwestern University – 8/1994 to 12/1996
- Academic Distinction List, Southwestern University – 8/1995 to 12/1996