Gregory McCain, M.D., is a compassionate and dedicated pediatrician committed to providing exceptional care to children at Children’s Health℠. With his expertise in pediatric medicine, interest in newborn care and asthma, he strives to positively impact his patients’ lives. Dr. McCain's comprehensive approach to care allows him to establish strong doctor-patient relationships and create a comforting environment for children and their families. He believes in the importance of effective communication and actively involves families in the decision-making process, ensuring the care provided is personalized and meets the unique needs of each child. With a focus on promoting health, preventing illness and addressing developmental needs, Dr. McCain is dedicated to helping children thrive and achieve a bright and healthy future.
Dr. McCain received his Doctor of Medicine from Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences in Bethesda, Maryland. He completed his residency in pediatrics at Madigan Army Medical Center in Fort Lewis, Washington and is board certified by the American Board of Pediatrics.
Dr. McCain has played a crucial role in providing Level I nursery and Level II NICU care, supporting around 1,200 deliveries annually. His expertise and leadership have been recognized through his experiences as a Flight Commander, overseeing more than 50 personnel, and serving as the Medical Director of one of the Air Force's largest and busiest pediatric clinics.
In his free time, Dr. McCain is busy at home helping raise three children. He loves to play tennis, go snowboarding and travel.
Education and Training
- Medical School
- Uniformed Svcs University of the Health Sciences (2001)
- Madigan Army Medical Center (2002), Pediatrics
- Madigan Army Medical Center (2004), Pediatrics
- University of Texas Health Science Center (2012), Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine
- Board Certification
- American Board of Pediatrics
Departments and Programs
Awards and Honors
- Army Commendation Medals (3)
- Army Achievement Medals (3)
- Air Force Outstanding Unity Award
- Army Superior Unit Award
- National Defense Service Medal
- Iraq Campaign Medals (2)
- Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
- Army Overseas Service Ribbon
- Air Force Training Ribbon
- Army Service Ribbon