Telehealth at Home FAQ
If your child is remote learning and becomes ill, you can get them care from the comfort of home right from a mobile device, using Telehealth at Home through Virtual Visit by Children’s Health Virtual Care. Find answers to frequent questions below.
What is School Telehealth at Home?
School Telehealth at Home uses video technology to connect your child to a doctor or nurse practitioner at Children’s Health. It is a quick, convenient and secure way to see a health care provider using your smartphone, tablet or computer. You can have a virtual appointment from the comfort of your home
How do I enroll my child?
Visit childrens.com/schools to enroll online. Parents can also complete consents within the Virtual Visit app prior to the start of the visit.
Do I need to re-enroll my child each year?
Yes. A new form must be submitted at the beginning of each school year.
Do you share the information with my child’s primary care pediatrician?
An After-Visit Summary can be provided to you and your child’s primary care pediatrician to continue treatment as necessary.
Is there a cost?
If you have commercial insurance or Medicaid, Children’s Health will collect and verify your insurance benefits. If you don’t have insurance, we will send you an invoice of no more than $50 after your child’s visit. There are also discounts available when you pay at time of visit. If you have questions concerning billing, please call (844)-4TELEMED, Option 1.
How does it work?
Your child can be treated from the comfort of your home using your smartphone, tablet, or computer. Please follow the steps below to request an appointment:
- Download our Virtual Visit app
- Complete your account enrollment
- Enter service key: Schools
- Call 844-4TELEMED, Option 1 to schedule an appointment
- Scheduler will collect any necessary information and set up your appointment with a Children’s Health Provider.
- Videoconference with a Provider right from your smartphone, tablet, or computer.
- The provider will call in a prescription to your chosen pharmacy if necessary.
- An After-Visit Summary will be provided to the parent.*
What are the program hours?
How do I download Virtual Visit?
Visit childrens.com/virtualvisit for FAQ’s, videos and other resources