What to expect at your diabetes appointment
Putting patients first with extended appointments and goal-driven educational classes
Face time with your diabetes medical team should not be rushed. It's vitally important for you and the team to understand what is happening with your child to optimize your care experience.
Each diabetes appointment is scheduled for one hour and 15 minutes. This includes:
- Height, weight,vital signs dedicated device download time at every visit
- Time with a diabetes educator to review downloads, discuss new developments in the field, and answer your questions
- Time with a physician or advanced practice nurse to address all medical concerns
- Wrap up with a clinic nurse to renew prescriptions, school forms, etc.
Our diabetes educators work with your child and provide age-appropriate training to help them improve their health. We offer basic and advanced classes for parents to learn about diabetes, daily management tips and how to reduce the risk of complications.
- These classes can also help with selecting the right insulin delivery and blood sugar monitoring device for your child's needs.
- Classes and materials are available in English and Spanish, and are taught by bilingual staff members.
- Learn more about our classes here.
Learn about our Diabetes Advisor App or text "diabetes" to 77444 to download