Honors and Awards
Children’s Health has been recognized by U.S. News & World Report as one of the top pediatric hospitals in the country. Our nurses earned the prestigious Magnet designation, through the American Nurses Credentialing Center, for outstanding patient care practices and superior nursing processes.
Our nurses place the needs of children and their families above all else. Their commitment to quality care enables the entire hospital to continue to achieve excellence at every level.
Magnet Recognition Program® Site Visit
In September 2018, Children’s Health Children’s Medical Center is applying for our 2nd Magnet redesignation. This prestigious designation recognizes excellence in nursing services. Patients, family members, staff and interested parties who would like to provide comments are encouraged to do so. Please click here to view the Public Notice announcement and learn more about how you can provide feedback.
Demonstrating our commitment to high quality patient care, excellence in nursing and innovations in professional practice.
The American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Magnet Recognition Program® is the most prestigious distinction a health care organization can receive for nursing excellence and quality patient outcomes. Children's Medical Center Dallas and Children's Medical Center Plano jointly earned Magnet designation in 2009,. And then, achieving redesignation in 2013.
The DAISY Award
The DAISY (Diseases Attacking the Immune System) Award for Extraordinary Nurses honors the superhuman work nurses do for patients and families every day. At Children’s Health, the award recognizes nurses who demonstrate professional nursing excellence through clinical expertise at the bedside or behind the scenes, extraordinary service and compassionate care.
Patients, families and colleagues nominate nurses for the DAISY Award. To nominate complete the DAISY Award form.
2018 DAISY Award Winners:
- January: Hayden Dutton RN, BSN, CPN, Team Leader, Inpatient Surgery C4 | Dallas
- February: Crystal Griffin RN, BSN, Cardiac ICU | Dallas
- March: Shuang Li RN, BSN, Pediatric ICU | Dallas
- April: Caroline Kelley RN, BSN, Pediatric ICU | Dallas
- May: Hadley Trautmann RN, BSN, CCBD D6 | Dallas
- June: Dusty Evernden RN, BSN, CCBD D6 | Dallas
May Smith Nursing Excellence Award
Each year, during National Nurses Week (May 6-12), nurses are selected as award winners in recognition of how they exemplify nursing characteristics within the Children's Health Professional Practice Model (PPM).
2018 May Smith Nursing Excellence Award Winners:
- Advocacy/ Moral Agency: Kimberly Krohn RN, Center for Autism/Developmental Disabilities | Ambulatory | Dallas
- Caring Practices: Mahal Hurst RN, BSN, Variable Staffing | Dallas
- Clinical Inquiry: Leyna Dowden RN, BSN, CPN, Pediatric ICU | Plano
- Clinical Judgment: Sarah Kidd RN, BSN, CPHON, CCBD | Dallas
- Collaboration: Christina Smith RN, BSN, CPN, Pulmonary Practice | Ambulatory | Dallas
- Facilitation of Learning: Nargis Ali RN, BSN, GI Clinic | Ambulatory | Dallas
- Response to Diversity: Aime Guevara RN, BSN, Cardiology C8 | Dallas
- Systems Thinking: Callie Kirby RN, BSN, CEN, Adolescent, Young Adult and Gynecology Clinic | Ambulatory | Dallas