Honors and Awards
Children’s Health has been recognized by U.S. News & World Report as one of the top pediatric hospitals in the country. Our nurses earned the prestigious Magnet designation, through the American Nurses Credentialing Center, for outstanding patient care practices and superior nursing processes.
Our nurses place the needs of children and their families above all else. Their commitment to quality care enables the entire hospital to continue to achieve excellence at every level.
Demonstrating our commitment to high quality patient care, excellence in nursing and innovations in professional practice.
The American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Magnet Recognition Program® is the most prestigious distinction earned by healthcare organizations for nursing excellence and high quality patient outcomes. Children’s Medical Center Dallas and Children’s Medical Center Plano earned the Magnet designation in 2009 and 2013, joining with Our Children’s House to earn our 3rd consecutive designation in November 2018.
The DAISY Award
The DAISY (Diseases Attacking the Immune System) Award for Extraordinary Nurses honors the superhuman work nurses do for patients and families every day. At Children’s Health, the award recognizes nurses who demonstrate professional nursing excellence through clinical expertise at the bedside or behind the scenes, extraordinary service and compassionate care.
Patients, families and colleagues nominate nurses for the DAISY Award. To nominate complete the DAISY Award form.
2019 DAISY Award Winners:
- January: Summer Lindler RN, BSN, Neurosurgery
- February: Porfirio Lumbre RN, BSN, GI
- March: Connor Thompson RN, BSN, Pulmonary
May Smith Nursing Excellence Award
Each year, during National Nurses Week (May 6-12), nurses are selected as award winners in recognition of how they exemplify nursing characteristics within the Children's Health Professional Practice Model (PPM).
2018 May Smith Nursing Excellence Award Winners:
- Advocacy/ Moral Agency: Kimberly Krohn RN, Center for Autism/Developmental Disabilities | Ambulatory | Dallas
- Caring Practices: Mahal Hurst RN, BSN, Variable Staffing | Dallas
- Clinical Inquiry: Leyna Dowden RN, BSN, CPN, Pediatric ICU | Plano
- Clinical Judgment: Sarah Kidd RN, BSN, CPHON, CCBD | Dallas
- Collaboration: Christina Smith RN, BSN, CPN, Pulmonary Practice | Ambulatory | Dallas
- Facilitation of Learning: Nargis Ali RN, BSN, GI Clinic | Ambulatory | Dallas
- Response to Diversity: Aime Guevara RN, BSN, Cardiology C8 | Dallas
- Systems Thinking: Callie Kirby RN, BSN, CEN, Adolescent, Young Adult and Gynecology Clinic | Ambulatory | Dallas