Vivian Dimas, MD Assistant Professor at UT Southwestern Medical Center
UTSW Physician Practicing at Children's Health
V. Vivian Dimas, M.D., is a cardiologist at Children’s Health℠ and an associate professor of pediatrics at UT Southwestern Medical Center.
After receiving her medical degree from the University of Oklahoma College of Medicine, Dr. Dimas completed a cardiology fellowship at Baylor College of Medicine and Texas Children’s Hospital.
Additionally, Dr. Dimas completed advanced training in pediatric heart failure and transplantation, as well as interventional cardiology at Baylor College of Medicine and Texas Children’s Hospital.
Dr. Dimas’ clinical interests include percutaneous therapies for the treatment of congestive heart failure and heart transplantation.
Dr. Dimas’ research interests involve the development and clinical use of the pediatric Impella catheter, as well as the application of adult support devices in the pediatric field for the treatment and management of heart failure.
Education and Training
Medical SchoolUniversity of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center -OKC (1999)
ResidencyChildrens Hospital of Oklahoma (2002), Pediatrics
FellowshipTexas Childrens Hospital (2006), Interventional Cardiology
Texas Childrens Hospital (2005), Pediatrics Transplant Medicine
Research & Publications
- Percutaneous therapies for the treatment of congestive heart failure
- 2015 SCAI/ACC/HFSA/STS Clinical Expert Consensus Statement on the Use of Percutaneous Mechanical Circulatory Support Devices in Cardiovascular Care: Endorsed by the American Heart Assocation, the Cardiological Society of India, and Sociedad Latino Americana de Cardiologia Intervencion; Affirmation of Value by the Canadian Association of Interventional Cardiology-Association Canadienne de Cardiologie d'intervention., Rihal CS, Naidu SS, Givertz MM, Szeto WY, Burke JA, Kapur NK, Kern M, Garratt KN, Goldstein JA, Dimas V, Tu T J. Am. Coll. Cardiol. 2015 Apr
- The interventional heart failure initiative: A mission statement for the next generation of invasive cardiologists., Kapur NK, Dimas V, Sorajja P, Borlaug BA, Fang J, Kern M, Naidu SS Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 2015 MarManagement and Outcomes of Heterotaxy Syndrome Associated With Pulmonary
- Atresia or Pulmonary Stenosis., Sebastian VA, Brenes J, Murthy R, Veeram Reddy S, Dimas VV, Nugent A, Zellers T, Huang R, Guleserian KJ, Forbess JM Ann. Thorac. Surg. 2014 Apr
- Incidence of acute kidney injury following cardiac catheterization prior to cardiopulmonary bypass in children., Huggins N, Nugent A, Modem V, Rodriguez JS, Forbess J, Scott W, Dimas VV Catheter Cardiovasc Interv2014 Jan
Professional Associations and Affiliations
- American Academy of Pediatrics/Member
Awards & Honors
- American Academy of Pediatrics - Recipient of Educational Travel Grant (2004)
- American Academy of Pediatrics - Basic Science AAP Young Investigator Award (2004)
- Owen M. Rennert Award - Academic Excellence and Scholarly Achievement (2001)