Sunita Mahtani Stewart, PhD, ABPP $$
- Languages Spoken:
- Community-Based Participatory Research
- Culture and Psychopathology
- Adolescent Suicidal Thoughts and Behavior
- Stewart, S.M., Eaddy, M., Horton, S.E., Hughes, J., & Kennard, B.D. (2015). The validity of the interpersonal theory of suicide: A review. Journal of Clinical Child and Adolescent Psychology, 46 (3), 437-449.
- Stewart, S.M. (2017). Cultural considerations and culture-specific disorders. In A. Wenzel (ed), The Sage Encyclopedia of Abnormal and Clinical Psychology. (p. 925-931). Thousand Oaks: Sage Publications, Inc.
- Stewart, S.M., and Zullo, L. (2019). Adolescent suicide. In Stephen Hupp and Jeremy Jewell (eds), The Encyclopedia of Child and Adolescent Development. Wiley-Blackwell.
- American Psychological Association
- International Association of Cross-Cultural Psychology
- Society for the Psychological Study of Ethnic Minority Issues
- Society of Clinical Child and Adolescent Psychology
- Society for International Psychology
Awards and Honors
- Phi Beta Kappa (1975)
- Fellow, Division of International Psychology, American Psychological Association (2018)
- Fellow, Division of Clinical Child and Adolescent Psychology (2019)
Where I Provide Care:
2 - UTSW Specialist
Pediatric Psychologist at Children's Health
American Board of Professional Psychology