$$ Nancy Reed Kelly, MD Associate Professor at UT Southwestern Medical Center
UTSW Physician Practicing at Children's Health
Nancy Kelly, M.D., M.P.H., is medical director of the Continuity of Care Clinic at Children’s Health℠.
Dr. Kelly earned her medical degree from the University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston. She completed her pediatrics residency training at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences and fellowship training in academic general pediatrics at Baylor College of Medicine.
Dr. Kelly's clinical and research areas of interest include immunizations, advocacy, and education.
"Being a pediatrician is a rewarding career," Dr. Kelly says. "I have the privilege of promoting the health of children in North Texas and also teaching medical students and residents – our future physicians!"
D Magazine recognized Dr. Kelly as one of the Best Pediatric Specialists (General Pediatrics) in Dallas in 2015.
In her free time, Dr. Kelly enjoys gardening and spending time with family and friends.
Education and Training
Medical SchoolUniversity of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston (1987)
InternshipUniversity of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (1988), Pediatrics
ResidencyUniversity of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (1991), Pediatrics
FellowshipBaylor College of Medicine (1994), Academic Medicine
Departments & Programs
Research & Publications
- Poison prevention and utilization of poison control centers, injury prevention, resident and medical student education
- Assessing parental utilization of the poison center: An emergency center-based survey, Kelly NR, Kirkland RT, Holmes SE, Ellis MD, Delclos G, Kozinetz CA Clinical Pediatrics 1997 36(8) 467-473
- Is syrup of ipecac still for sale? Comparison of pharmacies in a large urban area - 2003 vs. 2005, Kelly NR, Sanchez SH Clinical Pediatrics 2007 46 320-324
- Transportation barriers to accessing health care for urban children, Zarr RL, Yang S, Kass-Hout T, Kourosh A, Kelly NR Journal of Health Care for the Poor and Underserved 2006 17(4) 928-943
- Prevention of Poisonings in Children, Kelly NR Rose, BD (Ed) Up To date, Wellesley, MA 2005
- Effects of a video to increase use of poison control centers among low-income and Spanish-speaking families: A randomized controlled trial., Kelly NR, Huffman LC, Mendoza FS, Robinson TN Pediatrics 2003 111 (1) 21-26
Professional Associations and Affiliations
- Academic Pediatric Association
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- Society of Pediatric Research
Awards & Honors
- Fulbright and Jaworski L.L.P. Faculty Excellence Award - Baylor College of Medicine - Development of Enduring Educational Materials (2005)
- Golden Apple Award - Stanford University - Excellence in Resident Education (1999)
- Don E. Hill Memorial Award - Arkansas Children’s Hospital - Excellence in Research (1990)