Markey McNutt, M.D., Ph.D., is a clinical geneticist at Children's Health℠ who specializes in caring for inherited metabolic disorders (disorders that affect how the body turns food into energy). Dr. McNutt is an assistant professor in the McDermott Center for Human Growth and Development, the Department of Medicine Division of Endocrinology, and the Department of Pediatrics Division of Genetics and Metabolism at UT Southwestern.
Dr. McNutt earned his medical degree and Ph.D. from UT Southwestern. He also completed an internal medicine residency and a medical genetics residency at UT Southwestern. Dr. McNutt received his fellowship training in endocrinology at UT Southwestern and is board certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine, certified in internal medicine and certified in endocrinology, diabetes and metabolism. He is board certified in clinical genetics by the American Board of Medical Genetics and Genomics.
As physician researcher, Dr. McNutt focused research on how different genetic mutations affect cholesterol and aspects of metabolism. During his fellowship, he received multiple awards including the Kern Lipid Conference Early Career Investigator Award, Most Clinically Productive Fellow Award and a Fellow Teaching Award.
Dr. McNutt is a member of several professional organizations, including the American Medical Association, Dallas County Medical Society, the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists, the American College of Medical Genetics and Genomics, and the Society for Inherited Metabolic Disorders.
Education and Training
- Medical School
- University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center (2010)
- UT Southwestern - Children's Medical Center (2017), Medical Genetics
UT Southwestern Medical Center (2012), Internal Medicine
- UT Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas (2015), Endocrinology
- Board Certification
- American Board of Medical Genetics and Genomics
Departments and Programs
- Genetics and inherited metabolic disorders
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
- American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists
- American College of Medical Genetics and Genomics
- American Heart Association
- American Medical Association
- Dallas County Medical Society
- Endocrine Society
- Society for Inherited Metabolic Disorders
- Texas Medical Association
Awards and Honors
- D Magazine Best Pediatric Specialist 2020
- Texas Monthly Super Doctors, Rising Star 2020
- Texas Monthly Super Doctors, Rising Star 2019
This provider may offer virtual appointments. Please review our Virtual Visit Specialty Clinics page for instructions on setting up a visit.