Laura Mackay, M.D., M.P.H., is a pediatric geneticist at Children’s Health and an assistant professor at UT Southwestern Medical Center.
Dr. Mackay earned her medical degree at Texas Tech El Paso Paul Foster School of Medicine and completed specialized training in medical biochemical genetics from Baylor College of Medicine/Texas Children's Hospital.
She is a member of the American Academy of Pediatrics, American College of Medical Genetics and Genomics, American Medical Association, Dallas County Medical Society and Texas Medical Association.
Education and Training
- Medical School
- Texas Tech Health Sciences Center (2017)
- Baylor College of Medicine (2021), Pediatrics and Medical Genetics
- Baylor College of Medicine (2022), Medical Biochemical Genetics
- Graduate School
- UT Houston School of Public Health (2017)
- Board Certification
- American Board of Medical Genetics and Genomics
Departments and Programs
- Abnormal Newborn Screenings
- Congenital Anomalies
- Intellectual Disability Syndromes
- Metabolic Disorders
- Skeletal Dysplasia
- Evidence that FGFRL1 contributes to congenital diaphragmatic hernia development in humans. Y. Gofin, LP Mackay, K. Machol, S. Keswani, L Potocki, E. Gregoria, V. Naretto, A. Brusco, A Hernandez-Garza, D. Scott. 2021 Mar;185(3):836-840. doi: 10.1002/ajmg.a.62066. Epub 2021 Jan 14.
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- American College of Medical Genetics and Genomics
- American Medical Association
- Dallas County Medical Society
- Texas Medical Association
Awards and Honors
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society 2017, Texas Tech El Paso Paul L. Foster School of Medicine
- El Paso TPEG Grant 2013-2017, Texas Tech El Paso Paul L. Foster School of Medicine
- Education Award 2013-2015, Teach for America
- Amgen Fellow National Achievement Grant 2011-2013, Amgen
- Summa Cum Laude 2011, Clemson University
- Calhoun Honors College 2007-2011, Clemson University