Laura Elizabeth Kuper, PhD, ABPP $$
- Languages Spoken:
- Differences in Sex Development
- Developmental Trajectories of Gender Identity/Expression
- Mental Health Risk and Resiliency Factors within the Gender Diverse Population
- Gender Affirming Child and Adolescent Focused Multidisciplinary Healthcare models
- Transition of Care for Transgender Youth
- Kuper, L.E., Adams, N., & Mustanski, B. (2018). Exploring cross-sectional predictors of suicide ideation, attempt, and risk in a large online sample of transgender and gender nonconforming youth and young adults. LGBT Health, 5 (7), 391-400. doi: 10.1089/lgbt.2017.0259.
- Kuper, L.E., Wright, L, & Mustanski, B. (2018). Gender identity development among transgender and gender nonconforming emerging adults: An intersectional approach. International Journal of Transgenderism, 19 (4), 436-455. doi: 10.1080/15532739.2018.1443869.
- Kuper, L. E., Lindley, L., & Lopez, X. (2019). Exploring the gender development histories of children and adolescents presenting for gender affirming medical care. Clinical Practice in Pediatric Psychology, 7(3), 217.
- Kuper, L. E., Mathews, S., & Lau, M. (2019). Baseline mental health and psychosocial functioning of transgender adolescents seeking gender-affirming hormone therapy. Journal of Developmental & Behavioral Pediatrics, 40(8), 589-596.
- Kuper, L. E., Rider, G. N., & Amand, C. M. S. (2021). Recognizing the Importance of Chest Surgery for Transmasculine Youth. Pediatrics, 147(3).
- Pham, T., García, A., Tsai, M., Lau, M., & Kuper, L. E. (2021). Transition from Pediatric to Adult Care for Transgender Youth: A Qualitative Study of Patient, Parent, and Provider Perspectives. LGBT Health.
- Kuper, L. E., Stewart, S., Preston, S., Lau, M., & Lopez, X. (2020). Body dissatisfaction and mental health outcomes of youth on gender-affirming hormone therapy. Pediatrics, 145(4).
- Member, Non-Binary Chapter Workgroup, Standards of Care Version 8, World Professional Association for Transgender Health
- Member, task force to revise and update the American Psychological Association's Guidelines for Psychological Practice with Transgender and Gender Nonconforming People
2 - UTSW Specialist
UTSW Physician Practicing at Children's Health
American Board of Professional Psychology