Larry Leonard Myers Jr., MD
Pediatric Otolaryngologist (ENT)
Associate Professor at UT Southwestern Medical Center
- Languages Spoken:
Education and Training
- Medical School
- University of Chicago (1992)
- University of Illinois (1994), General Surgery
- Buffalo General Hospital (1998), Otolaryngology
- University of Michigan Hospitals (2000), Head and Neck Surgery
- Board Certification
- American Board of Otolaryngology
Departments and Programs
- Delivery of Antineoplastic Agents via Hydogels to Mouse Squamous Cell Carcinoma Model, 1999.
- Response of Respiratory Epithelial Cells to Chemical and Mechanical Injury, 1997-98.
- Three Dimensional Evoked Potentials Arising from Human Somatosensory Nerves, 1989-91.
- Synergistic Effects of Acylovir and Astragalous Membranaceous against Herpes Simplex Virus Type 2 in vitro, 1987.
- Positron Emission Tomography in Head and Neck Cancer, 1994-present.
- Interdigitating dendritic cell sarcoma of the parotid gland: case report and literature review. Efune G, Sumer BS, Sarode VR, Wang H-Y, Myers LL American Journal of Otolaryngology July 2009 30 264-8
- The role of positron emission tomography in the evaluation of the N-positive neck. Wax MK, Myers LL, Gona JM, Husain SS, Nabi HA. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. September 2003 129 163-7
- Free tissue transfers of the head and neck at a veterans affairs hospital. Myers LL, Sumer BD, Defatta RJ, Minhajuddin A Head and Neck 2008
- Flexible endoscopic Killian-Jamieson diverticulotomy: case report and literature review. Tang S, Tang L, Chen E, Myers LL. GI Endoscopy 2008
- A tailored smoking, alcohol, and depression intervention for head and neck cancer patients. Duffy SA, Ronis DL, Valenstein M, Lambert MT, Fowler KE, Gregory L. Bishop C, Myers LL, Blow F, Terrell JE Cancer Epidemiology, Biomarkers & Prevention 2006 15(11) 2203-2208
- Flexible endoscopic diverticulotomies for bilateral Zenker’s Diverticula. Tang SJ, Myers LL. Laryngoscope August 2010 128 1553-6.
- Outcomes comparison of free tissue transfers in three different hospital populations. Myers LL Microsurgery August 2009 29 593-7
- Changing patterns of tracheotomy use in anterior skull base surgery with free tissue reconstruction. Myers LL, Sumer BD, Lowery JE, Truelson JM, Leach JL, Sinard RJ Laryngoscope. March 2008 119 453-8
- Correlation between intraoperative hypothermia and perioperative morbidity in patients with head and neck cancer. Sumer BD, Myers LL, Leach J, Truelson JM Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg July 2009 135 682-6
- Disability in patients with head and neck cancer. Taylor JC, Terrell JE, Ronis DL, Fowler KE, Bishop C, Lambert MT, Myers LL, Duffy SA, University of Michigan Head and Neck Cancer Team Archives of Otolaryngolgy-Head and Neck Surgery 130 764-769
- National Medical Association
- American Medical Association
- American College of Surgeons
- American Academy of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery
- American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
Awards and Honors
- American College of Surgeons 1996, Western New York Chapter ACS Resident Essay Award
- SUNY-Buffalo Department of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery 1997, Resident Research Day - 3rd Place
- National Medical Association - Otolaryngology Section 1997, Resident Research Award
2 - UTSW Specialist
UTSW Physician Practicing at Children's Health
American Board of Otolaryngology
Pediatric Otolaryngologist (ENT)