Carrie Justine McAdams, MD
Associate Professor at UT Southwestern Medical Center
- Languages Spoken:
Education and Training
- Medical School
- Baylor College of Medicine (2000)
- UT Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas (2010), Psychiatry, General
- Harvard University Medical School (2006), Neurobiology
- Board Certification
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- Eating Disorders
- Functional Neuroimaging
- Social Cognition and Identity
- Visual Attention
- Age-related increase of resting metabolic rate in the human brain.
Peng SL, Dumas JA, Park DC, Liu P, Filbey FM, McAdams CJ, Pinkham AE, Adinoff B, Zhang R, Lu H Neuroimage 2014 May
- Automatic and reproducible positioning of phase-contrast MRI for the quantification of global cerebral blood flow.
Liu P, Lu H, Filbey FM, Pinkham AE, McAdams CJ, Adinoff B, Daliparthi V, Cao Y PLoS ONE 2014 9 5 e95721
- Eating disorder predisposition is associated with ESRRA and HDAC4 mutations.
Cui H, Moore J, Ashimi SS, Mason BL, Drawbridge JN, Han S, Hing B, Matthews A, McAdams CJ, Darbro BW, Pieper AA, Waller DA, Xing C, Lutter M J. Clin. Invest. 2013 Nov 123 11 4706-13
- Neural Responses during Social and Self-Knowledge Tasks in Bulimia Nervosa.
McAdams CJ, Krawczyk DC Front Psychiatry 2013 4 103
- Who am I? How do I look? Neural differences in self-identity in anorexia nervosa.
McAdams CJ, Krawczyk DC Soc Cogn Affect Neurosci 2012 Sep
- Impaired neural processing of social attribution in anorexia nervosa.
McAdams CJ, Krawczyk DC Psychiatry Res 2011 Oct 194 1 54-63
- Spatial modulation of primate inferotemporal responses by eye position.
Lehky SR, Peng X, McAdams CJ, Sereno AB PLoS ONE 2008 3 10 e3492
- Attention modulates the responses of simple cells in monkey primary visual cortex.
McAdams CJ, Reid RC J. Neurosci. 2005 Nov 25 47 11023-33
- Attention to both space and feature modulates neuronal responses in macaque area V4.
McAdams CJ, Maunsell JH J. Neurophysiol. 2000 Mar 83 3 1751-5
- Effects of attention on the reliability of individual neurons in monkey visual cortex.
McAdams CJ, Maunsell JH Neuron 1999 Aug 23 4 765-73
- Academy for Eating Disorders (2009)
- American Psychiatric Association (2006)
- Texas Society of Psychiatric Physicians (2006)
- Society for Neuroscience (1994)
Awards and Honors
- American Psychiatric Association Research Colloquium Fellowship 2010, Research Training Program for Residents and Fellows
- AED Research Fellowship 2011, Academy of Eating Disorders Research Training Award
- UTSW Psychiatry Chairman's Research Award 2010, Awarded for research conducted in residency
- Joanne Diamond Award, Duke University 1999, National award for excellence of neuroscience dissertation
- Klerman Prize Honorable Mention, Brain & Behavior Foundation 2015, Exceptional Research in Clinical Brain and Behavior Science