Angela Mihalic, M.D., is a primary care physician at Children’s Health℠ who specializes in medical education.
After receiving her medical degree from UT Southwestern Medical School, Dr. Mihalic completed her pediatrics residency training at Children's Medical Center Dallas. She helps train residents at the Continuity of Care Clinic at Children’s Health.
"I was drawn to pediatrics due to my passion for teaching," Dr. Mihalic says. "Being involved in educating patients and parents and making an impact on the health and well-being of a vulnerable infant or child is remarkable. Guiding parents in the care of their children and encouraging and promoting healthy habits is so rewarding."
D Magazine has recognized Dr. Mihalic three times as one of the Best Pediatric Specialists (General Pediatrics) in Dallas.
Dr. Mihalic likes to spend her free time with her three daughters and husband. She enjoys cheering at her daughters' sporting events, reading and baking.
Education and Training
- Medical School
- University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center (1995)
- Children's Medical Center Dallas (1996), Pediatrics
- Children's Medical Center Dallas (1998), Pediatrics
- Board Certification
- American Board of Pediatrics
Departments and Programs
- A validated cultural competence curriculum for US pediatric clerkships., Mihalic AP, Morrow JB, Long RB, Dobbie AE Patient Educ Couns 2010 Apr 79 1 77-82
- First-year medical students can demonstrate EHR-specific communication skills: a control-group study., Morrow JB, Dobbie AE, Jenkins C, Long R, Mihalic A, Wagner J Fam Med 2009 Jan;41 1 28-33
- Cultural Competence Teaching in US Pediatric Clerkships in 2006, Mihalic AP, Dobbie AE, Kinkade S Academic Medicine June 2007 82 6 558-562
- Hereditary Anetoderma, Peterman A Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology 1996 35 6 999-1000
- Ambulatory Pediatric Association
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- Council on Medical Student Education in Pediatrics (COMSEP)
- Dallas County Medical Society
- Texas Pediatric Society/Dallas Pediatric Society
Awards and Honors
- Regents' Outstanding Teacher Award - The University of Texas System (2014)
- UT Southwestern Academy of Teachers (2012)
- Pediatric Academic Society/Ambulatory Pediatric Association - Educational Scholars Program (2006)
- UT Southwestern Core Clerkship Teaching Award
- Pediatrics class of 2007 (2006) - UT Southwestern Socrates Award
- Clinical Teaching Award voted by Class of 2005 and 2006 (2005)
- Roberta Joy Uhr Award - Awarded to top medical graduate in Pediatrics (1995)
- Alpha Omega Alpha - Vice President (1994)