Psychiatry and Psychological Services: Why Children's
- Children's Medical Center provides a full continuum of care including outpatient services, intensive outpatient services, day treatment services, partial hospitalization, and inpatient hospitalization services.
- We have the largest child and adolescent eating disorders program in the state. More than 100 children and adolescents a year are treated in our eating disorders program.
- Children's is the only facility in the Dallas and Fort Worth area treating medically ill children and adolescents who also have psychiatric disorders
- The day treatment program excels at evaluating and treating children who are having school difficulties, and helping children transition back to school after treatment.
- Our physicians and psychologists consist of UT Southwestern Medical Center faculty who are locally and nationally recognized as experts in the following specialty areas of treatment: eating disorders, depression, suicidality and medical conditions with psychiatric problems.
- Our program is nationally recognized for its' expertise in the research and treatment of depression and suicidality.
- Over 600 children a month receive outpatient services in our psychiatry, psychology and neuropsychology services.
- Over 1800 new patients a year are evaluated through the psychiatry consult and liaison service which provides psychiatric consultation to the medical services at Children's Medical Center.
- A number of landmark national studies conducted in the diagnosis and treatment of childhood depression have been conducted by our renowned faculty.