Pulmonary Function Testing (PFT)
We provide comprehensive pulmonary function testing for children age five and older who have disorders that affect the respiratory system. Some of the conditions evaluated include:
- Exercise intolerance
- Cystic fibrosis
- Neuromuscular diseases
- Pulmonary hypertension
- Sickle cell
- Vocal cord dysfunction
- Restrictive lung disease including interstitial disease
- Follow up for patients from critical care, solid organ transplant, hematology-oncology, and cardiology
- Bronchodilator studies
- Exhaled nitric oxide (FENO)
- Lung volumes by plethysmography or nitrogen washout
- Diffusion capacity
- End tidal carbon dioxide monitoring (ETCO2)
- 6 minute walk test
- Exercise provocation test (Treadmill Exercise Test)
- Methacholine challenge
- Cold air challenge
- Cardiopulmonary exercise with metabolic testing
- Resting energy expenditure (REE)
- Respiratory muscle strength measurements (MIP/MEP)
- High Altitude Simulation Test (HAST)
- Oxygen saturation measurements
Why Children’s Health
- Our labs are ATS certified
- Our pulmonary function technologists have a combined total of 125 years of respiratory care experience and 50 years of pediatric pulmonary function testing experience.
- Our technologists hold certifications in RRT, RPFT, CPFT, NPS,
- We use child-friendly, state of the art equipment
For Referral Sources
For referral sources:
- A written order is required for testing.
- Pre-authorization is required by some insurance plans.
- Patient instructions for specific tests will be provided when the appointment is scheduled.
- Services are provided in close cooperation with the patient’s referring physician.
- Evaluation is provided promptly to the referring physician.