Foster Care Resources
- Milestones in Action
Do you have developmental concerns about your child in foster care? The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention provides a gallery of photos and videos showing developmental milestones by age. Click on the appropriate age group for your child.
NOTE: If you think your child is not meeting the milestones for his or her age, or if you think there could be a problem with the way your child plays, learns, speaks, acts and moves, please consult your doctor and share your concerns.
- 3 in 30: A Comprehensive Approach to Better Care for Children (PDF) - – Texas Department of Family & Protective Services
- Parenting After Trauma (PDF)
- Healthy Foster Care America website
- Making Decisions About Psychotropic Medications (PDF) – Texas Department of Family & Protective Services
- National Child Traumatic Stress Network
- Tip Sheets for Parents and Caregivers - Child Welfare Information Gateway
- Family Support Services - Child Welfare Information Gateway