Web Content Viewer

Transitioning to Adult Care


The process of transitioning from your care team at Children’s Health℠ to an adult provider can seem daunting. In addition to thinking about a new provider, often the patient is moving to go off to school or into their own apartment. Your care team at Children’s Health is available as a resource to help you though the process. 

College Considerations

Graduation from High School is a good time to establish a relationship with an Adult Diabetes Care Provider (Endocrinologist). Also, schools usually provide a Student Health Service clinic on campus.

Adult Area Endocrinologists

It can be scary to transition from a doctor your child has seen their whole life to a new adult-care doctor. To help get you started, we have listed out some adult Endocrinologists throughout the Dallas - Fort Worth area.


Stay connected to Children’s Health!

Please enter a valid email.