Pediatric Hearing and Talking Milestones
- Startle to loud noises?
- Appear to recognize a familiar voice and quiet if crying?
- Make cooing sounds?
- Cry differently for each need?
- Respond to tone changes in your voice?
- Move eyes in the direction of sound?
- Babble with different sounds like b, p, d?
- Vocalizes excitement and displeasure ?
- Listen when spoken to?
- Turn in direction of a sound?
- Imitate different sounds?
- Say dada, mama?
- Follow a simple command like “Wave bye-bye”?
- Point to pictures when named?
- Ask short-worded questions like “What’s that?”?
- Say more words each month?
- Understand the differences in meaning (off/on, up/down)?
- Follow two requests (get the cup and put it on the table)?
- Ask why?
- Use two or three words to talk about things?
- Hear you when you call from another room?
- Understand words for some colors (blue, red)?
- Answer simple who, what, where, why questions?
- Say rhyming words?
- Understand words for time?
- Follow what is said at school/ home?
- Keep a conversation going?
- Tell a short story?