Contact Foster Care
The Rees-Jones Center for Foster Care Excellence brings together foster care experts in pediatrics, research and child welfare. They provide primary care for children from birth to 18 years of age who live with relatives, foster parents, or in a group home.
Additional services include child behavior and development support, care coordination, and specialty referrals to address each child's special health care needs.
Fostering Families: Steadying support in uncertain times
Foster families usually come together because of a crisis. Typically, when placements are made, there are more questions than answers. A foster child may arrive with a bag of medications, accompanied by no explanation and no medical history. Most arrive frightened; many arrive in need of immediate medical intervention.
The caring professionals at the Rees-Jones Center for Foster Care Excellence offer medical and support services that help to answer questions, steady the family, and care for the child.
Fostering Caring: It’s what we do
The pediatric providers at the Rees-Jones Center for Foster Care Excellence are experienced in treating victims of abuse and neglect. The center is the only clinic in North Texas dedicated exclusively to providing primary medical care to children in foster care.
Services provided by the center include new patient comprehensive assessments within 30 days of entering foster care, as well as all primary care medical services for children in foster care, including Texas Health Steps Services, immunizations and social support.
Also included are:
- Care coordination with specialists, CPS, and other agencies
- Mental health and developmental assessments and treatment referrals
- Pre-adoption physical and developmental screenings
- Transition services for children and youth leaving foster care
Make an appointment
How to make an appointment or referral to the Foster Care Clinic
Services are available for children in the custody of Child Protective Services. Appointments are arranged by caregivers of children in custody. When calling for an appointment, please provide the following
- Patient name and date of birth
- Name of CPS caseworker
- Date and reason for CPS custody
- Possible health concerns and immunization records
To schedule new or follow-up patient appointments at Dallas call 214-456-6500; to schedule new or follow-up patient appointments at Legacy, call 972-730-KIDS (5437) or 469-303-4300.
Working toward long-term recovery
The Rees-Jones Center for Foster Care Excellence is working to develop a new, best-practices approach to recovery care.
The center is establishing a clinical care program comprised of three foster care health clinics to serve children throughout North Texas; an academic program to conduct research and train future healthcare professionals in the best methods of recovery care; and a community development program to train and raise foster care practice standards.
The Rees-Jones Center for Foster Care Excellence key contacts
- Anu Partap, M.D., M.P.H., Center Director
- Heidi Roman, M.D., Clinical Director
- Jaclyn L. Albin, M.D., Foster Care Pediatrician
- Laura Lamminen, Ph.D., Licensed Psychologist, Lead
- Sara Pollard, Ph.D., Licensed Psychologist
- Mary Pat Glazier, RN, MS, CPNP-PC, Pediatric Nurse Practitioner
- Sara Moore, RN, MSN, PNP-BC, CPNP-AC, Pediatric Nurse Practitioner
- Fiker Zeray, RN, MS, CPNP-PC, Pediatric Nurse Practitioner
- Michele Hickman, RN, PNP, CPNP, Pediatric Nurse Practitioner
- Alexandria Coverson, MEd, Child Development Specialist
- Patricia Rittgers, RN, CPN, Nurse Coordinator, Lead
- Katholine Coss, RN, CPN, Dallas Nurse Coordinator
- Elsa Alexander, RN, BSN, Plano Nurse Coordinator
- Laura Losinger, MBA, MHSM, UTSW Research Coordinator
- Anna Marie Flores, LMSW, MSSW, Program Coordinator
- Carmina Salinas, Senior Administrative Assistant
- Todd Maria, RN, MSN, ARCH Practice Administrator
- Jeff Bromfield, Plano Practice Administrator