Adolescent and Young Adult Medicine
Contact Adolescent and Young Adult Medicine
- Children’s Health℠ Specialty Center Dallas Campus 214-456-9099
Be happy. Be Healthy. We’re here to help.
Our Adolescent and Young Adult program provides comprehensive patient care that considers the physical, emotional, social, economic and spiritual needs for male and female patient’s ages 11 to 21 years of age.
Please contact the clinic if you would like more information about our clinic, appointment information, prescription refills or have questions about your medications.
Please leave a message when calling this number. All voicemails are forwarded to a confidential line and will receive a call back from our nursing or scheduling staff. Please be sure to provide the patient’s name, the patient’s date of birth, and the reason for the call.
All of the physicians who practice at Children’s Health are board certified by either the American Board of Pediatrics or the American Board of Obstetrics. As the main pediatric teaching hospital for UT Southwestern Medical Center, your child’s physicians are all on the faculty at the Center.
Children’s has also been designated as a Magnet Hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Being a Magnet Hospital puts us in the top 7% of the world’s hospitals and is a reflection of the excellence of our nursing staff.
What We Treat
The physicians who practice at Children’s Health work with patients and their families on a wide variety of needs. Procedures performed or problems diagnosed and treated:
- Sports participation physicals (with PCP permission)
- Pre-college physicals and immunizations (with PCP permission)
- Education and prevention of substance abuse
- Nutrition and weight management plans
- Evaluation and treatment of mood disorders or mental health issues associated with chronic illness
- Laboratory testing and radiologic tests
- Contraceptive and reproductive counseling
- Sexually transmitted disease treatment and prevention
- Acne management and wart removal (with PCP referral)
Why Children's Health℠
For more than a century, Children’s Medical Center Dallas has been at the forefront of making life better for children. Today it is the seventh largest pediatric hospital in the country, and is consistently ranked among the nation’s best by U.S. News & World Report.
A 490-bed full-service hospital, offering tertiary and quaternary expertise in more than 50 pediatric specialties and the highest level
of trauma care in North Texas as a Level I Trauma Center.