Adolescent and Young Adult Medicine & Gynecology
Contact Adolescent and Young Adult Medicine & Gynecology
- Children’s Health℠ Specialty Center Dallas Campus 214-456-9099
Be happy. Be Healthy. We’re here to help.
Our Adolescent and Young Adult program provides comprehensive patient care that considers the physical, emotional, social, economic and spiritual needs for male and female patient’s ages 11 to 21 years of age.
Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology Services
Adolescent and Young and Adult provides consultative gynecological services for girls 11 to 18 years old. A gynecology clinic is also available for girls from newborn to 18 years old that may need surgery.
If you would like more information about our clinic, would like to, set or changing an appointment, need help with prescription refills or have questions about your medications. Feel free to contact the clinic anytime and our staff will gladly assist you with any concerns.
Please leave a message when calling this number. All voicemails are forwarded to a confidential line and will receive a call back from our nursing or scheduling staff. Please be sure to provide the patient’s name, the patient’s date of birth, and the reason for the call.
All of the physicians who practice at Children’s Health are board certified by either the American Board of Pediatrics or the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology. As the main pediatric teaching hospital for UT Southwestern Medical Center, your child’s physicians are all on the faculty at the Center. Their focus on research means that not only do they stay abreast of all the newest treatments and interventions in their fields - they often have helped to develop them.
Children’s has also been designated as a Magnet Hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Being a Magnet Hospital puts us in the top 7% of the world’s hospitals and is a reflection of the excellence of our nursing staff.
What We Treat
The physicians who practice at Children’s Health work with patients and their families on a wide variety of needs. Among those include:
- Acute care and sick visits for the various diseases, bumps, bruises, and breaks of later childhood
- Sports participation physicals
- Pre-college physicals and immunizations
- Education and prevention of substance abuse
- Nutrition and weight management plans
- Referrals to dermatology for acne management and wart removal
- Evaluation and treatment of mood disorders or mental health issues associated with chronic illness
- Laboratory testing and radiologic tests
- Sexually transmitted disease treatment and prevention
The physicians who practice at Children’s Health work to provide consultative gynecological services for girl ages newborn to 21.
Among the services provided are:
- Diagnosis and treatment of menstrual disorders
- Contraceptive and reproductive counseling
- Pelvic and gynecological exams for girls ages 11 to 21
Since they work only with girls in these age groups, they know how sensitive some of these issues can be. All of our staff strives to care for their patients in the most empathetic and caring manner possible.