Home Care and Remote Patient Monitoring
The goal of our Home Care program is to transition your child from the hospital to the home as soon as it is safely possible. Home Care allows your child to go home to familiar surroundings, yet have continuing access to high-quality care outside of the hospital.
Some of the services provided by Home Care include:
- Skilled nursing: Provides intermittent visits for skilled services such as IV infusion therapy, tracheostomy care, G-tube care, ostomy care, central line/PICC care, wound care, diabetic care, pre- and post-operative care and catheter care.
- Occupational therapy: Helps to improve fine motor skills, sensory integration, self-care skills and activities of daily living.
- Physical therapy: Helps to improve gross motor development, balance and strength, coordination, functional mobility and ambulation.
- Speech therapy: Helps with speech and language, feeding and swallowing difficulty and cognitive and social deficits.
- Clinical respiratory services: Provides respiratory equipment and education.
Remote Patient Monitoring (RPM)
Children’s Health℠ has officially launched a comprehensive pediatric Remote Patient Monitoring (RPM) program — the first of its kind in the nation.
The RPM program will allow clinical staff at Children’s Health to monitor patient health status and progress via secure mobile technologies including one-touch video conferencing for virtual visits from the comfort of a patient’s home. The program will help facilitate more advanced, efficient and patient-focused care management, while enhancing patient compliance.
Currently in its pilot stage, the RPM program will consist of 50 pediatric patients of various ages, ethnicities and geographic locations with the first 15 enrolled from the Children’s Health Liver and Renal Transplant Division.
An outstanding team of health care professionals from the Solid Organ Transplant Division alongside Children’s Health experts solely dedicated to telemedicine and innovation joined forces to create this new program to make life better for children.