Find the latest innovation, clinical trial and research articles.
Researcher Spotlight: Rami R. Hallac, Ph.D.
Dr. Hallac’s expertise lies in medical imaging including MRI, CT, PET, and stereo-photogrammetry. His research focuses on developing new algorithms to analyze 3D and 4D radiological and non-radiological images to assess treatment and surgical outcomes. These techniques quantify the changes that take place during treatment to provide physicians with better insights into the treatment efficacy.
Dr. Hallac oversees the scientific aspects at the Analytical Imaging and Modeling Center. The Center's research initiatives strive to tackle challenging clinical problems to improve patient care. Dr. Hallac collaborates with various departments at Children's Medical Center, including Plastic Surgery, General Surgery, Radiation Oncology, Radiology, Dermatology and Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. He also collaborates with international investigators in Germany, Denmark, Spain, and Taiwan.
- Hallac, R.R., Feng, J., Kane, A.A. and Seaward, J.R., Dynamic facial asymmetry in patients with repaired cleft lip using 4D imaging (video stereophotogrammetry). Journal of Cranio-Maxillofacial Surgery, 2017. 45(1): p. 8-12.
- Hallac, R.R., Ding, Y., Yuan, Q., McColl, R.W., Lea, J., Sims, R.D., Weatherall, P.T. and Mason, R.P., Oxygenation in cervical cancer and normal uterine cervix assessed using blood oxygenation level-dependent (BOLD) MRI at 3T. NMR in Biomedicine, 2012. 25(12): p. 1321-1330.
- Cho, M.-J., Kane, A.A., Seaward, J.R. and Hallac, R.R., Metopic “ridge” vs. “craniosynostosis”: Quantifying severity with 3D curvature analysis. Journal of Cranio-Maxillofacial Surgery, 2016. 44(9): p. 1259-1265.
- Chou, P.-Y., Hallac, R.R., Ajiwe, T., Xie, X.-J., Liao, Y.-F., Kane, A.A. and Park, Y.J., The role of Nasoalveolar molding: A 3D Prospective analysis. Scientific Reports, 2017. 7(1): p. 9901.
- Cho, M.-J., Hallac, R.R., Ramesh, J., Seaward, J.R., Hermann, N.V., Darvann, T.A., Lipira, A. and Kane, A.A., Quantifying Normal Craniofacial Form and Baseline Craniofacial Asymmetry in the Pediatric Population. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, 2018. 141(3): p. 380e-387e.
- Chou, P.-Y., Hallac, R.R., Shih, E., Trieu, J., Penumatcha, A., Das, P., Meyer, C.A., Seaward, J. and Kane, A.A., 3D-Printed Models of Cleft Lip and Palate for Surgical Training and Patient Education. The Cleft Palate-Craniofacial Journal, 2017. 55(3): p. 323-327.
- Wang, Z., Hallac, R.R., Conroy, K.C., White, S.P., Kane, A.A., Collinsworth, A.L., Sweeney, J.A. and Mosconi, M.W., Postural orientation and equilibrium processes associated with increased postural sway in autism spectrum disorder (ASD). Journal of Neurodevelopmental Disorders, 2016. 8(1): p. 43.