Day Surgery Patients
We focus on a family-friendly environment to help make your child's surgery day at Children’s as comfortable as possible. We want you and your child to know what to expect every step of the way.
If your child is scheduled for day surgery or outpatient surgery, you can expect a surgery with a quick recovery time. Your child will not need to spend the night in the hospital.
To minimize waiting time and to make your child’s visit go as smoothly as possible, please check over the following list and make sure to bring the listed items when you bring your child in for day surgery:
- Insurance information
- Important documents, such as X-rays or other pertinent medical records
- Your child's immunization record
- A list of all medications your child is taking (including prescription, over- the-counter and herbal)
- Photo ID of the parent or legal guardian escorting the child
- Your child's favorite stuffed animal or toy
Remember, our Children’s staff is here to help. If you have questions or need more information, please feel free to ask. You may also want to read the answers to questions we hear most often from parents and families.
If you are unable to keep this appointment, please call 214-730-KIDS.
By Your Side
As the only academic health care facility in North Texas dedicated exclusively to the comprehensive care of children from birth to age 18, Children’s Health℠ provides patient care ranging from simple eye exams to specialized treatment in areas such as heart disease, hematology-oncology and cystic fibrosis.