Our commitment to keeping you safe
We have never taken for granted the sacred trust you place in us to care for your child, and today we are more grateful than ever for that privilege. To learn about all the ways we are working to keep you, your family and our team members safe, visit our COVID-19 updates page.
Outpatient rehabilitation and therapy centers
Children’s Health℠ Outpatient Rehabilitation and Therapy Centers will resume operations in a phased approach. The first appointments scheduled will be those determined by our physicians as clinically urgent, and/or medically necessary. Appointments may continue virtually when possible.
Day patient therapy programs at Our Children’s House Dallas will resume on June 1st.
Pediatric specialists at Children’s Health℠ Specialty Center in Allen evaluate and treat patients in a warm, comfortable environment designed especially for children.
- Feeding therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Physical therapy
- Speech/language therapy
- Developmental screenings and equipment assessments
- Parent education and support
Specialized Treatment Programs
In addition to our standard services, we offer specialized programs specifically tailored to your child's unique needs:
Transitional Skills Evaluations:
Children’s Health Specialty Center Allen offers transitional assessments for children ages 11-17 years with chronic health conditions.
- The goal of the program is to support parents as the young person moves from a child to a young adult.
- The assessment objectives are to connect families with resources, establish realistic and meaningful home goals, and promote functional skill development in the home and community, as well as improving the child’s overall level of independence.
- This team will provide assessments targeting the following:
- Occupational Therapy: Self care such as dressing, cooking and bathing. Pre-work skills such as home chores, shopping and eating out.
- Speech Therapy: Functional expression language, social communication, communication system updates and nutritional screening
- Physical Therapy: Equipment checks, strength and endurance, physical fitness through utilization of community resources, home programs addressing growth issues for children with tonal differences.
- Inform Parent of Resources such as: Supported Employment, Estate Planning, SSI and Assistive Living
Augmentative Communication Evaluations:
Children’s Health Specialty Center Allen offers a comprehensive assessment that analyzes motor, sensory, communication, cognitive and social skills in order to select an appropriate device to optimize performance within the constraints of the individual’s capabilities. This evaluation is conducted by a multidisciplinary team, including a speech-language pathologist, physical therapist and occupational therapist.