Nov 22, 2013
Post By: Children's Health
An estimated 34,191 children in Dallas County have food allergies. (Source: Beyond ABC 2013)
This week, we’re sharing recipes for an entire food-allergy-friendly holiday meal. You’ll want to try them all! The following allergy-friendly recipe is free of peanuts, tree nuts, milk, eggs, wheat, soy, fish and shellfish. It's also gluten and dairy free.
(recipe courtesy of Children’s Food Allergy Center)
2 cups oat flour
1 cups sugar
6 Tbsps Cocoa Powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 cup rice milk
1/3 cup canola or cooking oil
1 tsp vinegar
3/4 tsp vanilla
1) Heat oven to 350°F.
2) Grease and flour (using oat flour) 9 X 9-inch square pan.
3) In a small mixing bowl combine dry ingredients. In separate bowl mix wet ingredients together.
4) Slowly add wet ingredients to dry and beat until smooth.
5) Pour into prepared pan. Bake 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
6) Cool; cut into squares.
7) Optional: Sprinkle powdered sugar over the top.
Welcome to the new and improved Children’s Health Patient Family blog! We hope that our new blog will help you find the best information for your children in an easy and fun way. Take a look around and see all the new features this site has to offer! If you need to, you can access our old blog here where all our news articles will be.
Sign up to get updates on what's new at Children’s Health!
Thank you for subscribing to the Children's Medical Center Newsletter.