Student Summer Volunteer Program
The Student Summer Volunteer program is designed for full time high school and college students at least 16 years of age. Student Summer Volunteers will spend their time interacting with patients and their families in outpatient settings, assisting patient families with way-finding and supporting hospital staff in a variety of ways.
The program is nine weeks long beginning mid-June through mid-August 2018 and offered only at the Dallas campus. Interested candidates must be able to commit to volunteer at least one day a week for 8 hours with no more than one absence over the nine-week program.
Candidates must be 16 years of age by June 1, 2018 to be eligible for this program.
Please note that space is limited and the program may fill up prior to the application deadline date. Applicants will be notified individually of their status.
- Application opens: March 12, 2018
- Application deadline: March 30, 2018
How to apply for the Student Summer Volunteer program
- Complete the online application
- Complete the online interview
- Submit immunization records from your physician including: Measles, Mumps and Rubella (two immunization dates or titer results proving immunity); Varicella/Chicken Pox (two immunization dates or titer results proving immunity); and Tetanus, Diphtheria and Pertussis (Tdap) vaccination proof