Adult Volunteer Program
Children’s Health℠ depends on the invaluable contributions of volunteers. Through the Adult Volunteer Program, diverse individuals, including working professionals, college students, retired persons and seniors perform a variety of roles to benefit our young patients and their families.
Volunteering provides the opportunity for adults to gain valuable experience, learn new skills, make friends and serve people who need their help. Adult volunteers at Children's Health help patients and their families through direct patient care, customer service and staff support. Please note that our volunteers provide services that are strictly non-clinical and are not able to shadow nurses, doctors and clinicians or observe procedures.
Our volunteer program spans across our three hospitals: Dallas, Plano and Our Children’s House. Volunteers, regardless of where they serve, are asked to comply with the following requirements:
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age and not currently enrolled in high school
- Applicants must commit to six consecutive months of service
- Applicants may only apply to volunteer at one location
Please select a location below to learn about availability, additional requirements and our application process.
- Children's Medical Center Dallas
- Children's Medical Center Plano - All of our volunteer positions are filled at this time and we are not accepting applications. Thank you for your interest and please check back soon for more information.
- Our Children's House - All of our volunteer positions are filled at this time and we are not accepting applications. Thank you for your interest and please check back soon for more information.
By Your Side
Fueled by generosity for more than a century, Children’s Health℠ now provides world-class care to approximately 200,000 children every year. Children whose hearts need repair. Children with rare forms of cancer. Children whose bones are broken. Children who deserve care that is second-to-none.