How to Apply
Our application season begins in September when residency programs can access the ERAS database for applications.
Our interview schedule fills quickly and we encourage you to apply early because we review significantly more applications than we can invite to interview. The application deadline is December 31.
Interviews are conducted four days per week beginning the first week in November and continuing through the end of January. Our interview process is individualized and we limit the number of candidates per day.
Please tell us
- If you have a specific subspecialty interest or other specific focus areas (advocacy, global health, quality improvement, etc.)
- If you are interested in the American Board of Pediatrics alternative research pathways
- Physician Scientist Training Program
Frequently Asked Questions
- USMLE Scores – All applications are reviewed regardless of score, but competitive scores increase likelihood of extending an invitation to interview
- Step 1 is required to apply; Step 2 is required to match
- Year of Graduation - no requirement
- Three letters of recommendation required
- Post-graduate clinical experience is required and must meet these qualifications:
- Minimum one month of direct, hands-on patient responsibility on a pediatric or internal medicine in-patient service
- Experience must be in a major teaching hospital
- Must obtain a letter of recommendation from a supervising faculty physician from this experience
- This cannot be an observership
- We accept and welcome foreign medical graduates
- Visa - J-1 visa only
- ECFMG – certification must be obtained prior to the match